voicemail-to-text subscription, disable!

hiero

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks, I was setting up my phone yesterday and found that the 'voicemail-to-text' service was enabled for a 'free month of service' (or something like that). My only guess is that if you do not disable it before the month is out, that you will start getting charged the $1.99/month fee without knowing it.

I disabled and opted-out immediately!

Hope this helps someone! :p

Reactions: RawisTheGameHhH

RawisTheGameHhH

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks, I was setting up my phone yesterday and found that the 'voicemail-to-text' service was enabled for a 'free month of service' (or something like that). My only guess is that if you do not disable it before the month is out, that you will start getting charged the $1.99/month fee without knowing it.

I disabled and opted-out immediately!

Hope this helps someone! :p

as did i!!!

dames117

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
The fine print said that it would automatically be disabled at the end of the month. You would have to opt in in order to continue using the service. I figured I'd give it a shot for free.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

gcholmes

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to disable the "voice mail to text function" on the G III? I do not want to wait until the expiration of the free trial because the poor conversion usually makes the text message garbled.

Luminator Thelms

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I did a search in the VTT Help of my Android device (a ZTE Smartphone). In search window I typed "unsubscribe" It says: Open Voicemail settings (in Visual Voicemail menu select overflow [three squares in vertical stack] and tap settings. NOTE: In my Android, it was in Preferences >> Manage Subscriptions.
Then tap Manage Subscriptions. Popup window asks if you are sure you want to unsubscribe. Tap unsubscribe. I'm going to try it now. IT WORKED!
P.S. I also tried to post this in a Sprint user forum I signed in, but could not. I wonder why... Please pass this on to other Android customers you know who unwittingly got the "free trial" of Sprint VTT Premium!
Luminator Thelms, AKA Mad Librarian #9.

Luminator Thelms

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I did a search in the VTT Help of my Android device (a ZTE Smartphone). In search window I typed "unsubscribe" It says: Open Voicemail settings (in Visual Voicemail menu select overflow [three squares in vertical stack] and tap settings. NOTE: In my Android, it was in Preferences >> Manage Subscriptions.
Then tap Manage Subscriptions. Popup window asks if you are sure you want to unsubscribe. Tap unsubscribe. I'm going to try it now. IT WORKED!
P.S. I also tried to post this in a Sprint user forum I signed in, but could not. I wonder why... Please pass this on to other Android customers you know who unwittingly got the "free trial" of Sprint VTT Premium!
Luminator Thelms, AKA Mad Librarian #9.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
The fine print said that it would automatically be disabled at the end of the month. You would have to opt in in order to continue using the service. I figured I'd give it a shot for free.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums
Wow, I didn't see that it wouldn't enroll me in the paid service. It's good if it's true, but I did file a complaint with the FTC for the fact it opted me into the service to begin with, and then stated it cost $2.99 a month thereafter. I wish I could disable voicemail all together, I hate it, I can see a missed call and if you need to leave me a message that bad text.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2