Made in China :(

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have always appreciated that my previous Samsung products (of which there have been many) were always made in Korea. It really bothers me to see my new S3 is made in China. Sad really.

Scooter_In_MN

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
After visiting plants in both countries, I would be happier if it were made in China. They are a lot smarter about processes and have a much better grasp on common sense. Korean plants just focus on new technology but their labor pool is full of teenagers or kids that don't want to learn.
Just be happy it wasn't built here in the US!! We would be waiting another 6 months for the thing, it would fall apart when we tried to open the battery cover, and the Sprint logo would be misspelled!! LOL!

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Well in my industry if it says made in China on it you have an 80% chance of it not working correctly and a 100% chance of it being of terrible quality in general. I can't even begin to count the thousands of dollars in wasted time brand new components made in China have costs my company.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes they are Apple wants as much money in their pockets as possible, China is the next best thing to slave labor.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Yet if we are talking in terms of hardware quality, iPhone's are up there as some of the best in that department. Seems to me China does fine. Depending on the company that is putting the devices together, and what parts are being used. I have actually had more issues with build quality of Korean made things, then Chinese.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
splmonster;1881938[B said:
]Yet if we are talking in terms of hardware quality, iPhone's are up there as some of the best in that department. Seems to me China does fine[/B]. Depending on the company that is putting the devices together, and what parts are being used. I have actually had more issues with build quality of Korean made things, then Chinese.

Bingo! That's the point I was making. Seeing "made in China" doesn't necessarily mean poor build quality these days.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
After visiting plants in both countries, I would be happier if it were made in China. They are a lot smarter about processes and have a much better grasp on common sense. Korean plants just focus on new technology but their labor pool is full of teenagers or kids that don't want to learn.
Just be happy it wasn't built here in the US!! We would be waiting another 6 months for the thing, it would fall apart when we tried to open the battery cover, and the Sprint logo would be misspelled!! LOL!

Don't forget putting lead in children's toys.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Or glycol in toothpaste.... I don't trust the Chinese, and would rather give the job to a country that pays fair labor rates. Better yet, build them here, it can be done with the same quality or better. Oh I forgot, lawyers, that's why we can't have jobs here, to many laws and rules here.

Reactions: Mercury81

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Or glycol in toothpaste.... I don't trust the Chinese, and would rather give the job to a country that pays fair labor rates. Better yet, build them here, it can be done with the same quality or better. Oh I forgot, lawyers, that's why we can't have jobs here, to many laws and rules here.

OK, I'm not for or against building the phone in China, but how much do you think they would cost if they were built here?
You complain about too many laws and rules in the US. Deregulate everything and we would have lead in the kids toys, glycol in toothpaste and all the other complaints too. There is a reason why people feel safer with US made products... The main reason is because of those rules and laws you complain of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ntchwaidumela

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
OK, I'm not for or against building the phone in China, but how much do you think they would cost if they were built here?
You complain about too many laws and rules in the US. Deregulate everything and we would have lead in the kids toys, glycol in toothpaste and all the other complaints too. There is a reason why people feel safer with US made products... The main reason is because of those rules and laws you complain off.

I guess unlike most, I for one would pay more for it to be made here. Given a choice I normally buy products from countries with standards similar to ours, even if it means paying more.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I guess unlike most, I for one would pay more for it to be made here. Given a choice I normally buy products from countries with standards similar to ours, even if it means paying more.

to be honest...who says american products are better? I for one, would never buy an american car again, along with many other things "made in the usa"

i know i should support my country of birth and a country that has given me so many opportunities, but lets face it, besides millitary equipment, USA fails on most products they manufacture...

since companies have to pay american workers higher wages, unions, etc...they have to minimize on their expense costs, which usually results in inferior products due to cheap materials

Reactions: Mercury81

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm glad everyone doesn't think that way,I own an American car it runs great and I buy as many American made products I can along with local foods. If everyone thought lbought only foreign cars and only foreign products for sale here we would be in more trouble .

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
to be honest...who says american products are better? I for one, would never buy an american car again, along with many other things "made in the usa"

i know i should support my country of birth and a country that has given me so many opportunities, but lets face it, besides millitary equipment, USA fails on most products they manufacture...

since companies have to pay american workers higher wages, unions, etc...they have to minimize on their expense costs, which usually results in inferior products due to cheap materials

Living proof why the USA is losing a battle to be the top once again.

bed269

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm glad everyone doesn't think that way,I own an American car it runs great and I buy as many American made products I can along with local foods. If everyone thought lbought only foreign cars and only foreign products for sale here we would be in more trouble .

You do know that the Camry is made in Kentucky, some Nissan vehicles are made in Smyrna Tennessee, volkswagon has a giant new plant in Chattanooga, and kia has a plant in West Point Georgia. All car manufacturers buy their parts from all over. Do those companies count as American made?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I just said I own an American car which was a response to your remark you made that you wouldn't own one. I know that a good percent of my car is not made in the USA but I'm still proud to own it and GM is American. I know lots of foreign companies have manufacturers here and more and more are building. I don't think American cars are inferior. That's all I'm saying and I'm not alone on that statement s American m car manufacturers are car sales have been increasing lately.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay