Sprint Galaxy S3 First Impressions/Reviews

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The last Samsung branded phone I had was the Samsung instinct HD. I'm sure for anyone who got stuck stuck with that piece of junk can see why I was hesitant about buying a Samsung phone again. That piece of crap gave me fits and I signed up for a new line with that phone as my choice. But now that I took the dive and see that Samsung just wanted to work on the true smartphones instead of making sure they kept their dumb phone working well. I actually said that after getting stuck with that junk phone that I would never buy another Samsung phone again. I'm glad I finally gave them a chance, but it took me 3 years later to come back to them.

Swype'd with my Sammy Galaxy S3

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint Galaxy S III First Impressions/Reviews

Upgraded from the SGS2 over the weekend and love it. There is an issue with the display with a couple of apps (my 2 poker apps, PokerKing and Card Ace) but I would hope that the apps will have upgrades to accommodate the GS3 soon. Best news is that Radio Shack has the upgrade for $149 and is doing the buy-back on the GS2 for $132 ! Yes, I paid under $25 with tax for the upgrade to the SG3 :)

ivtec21

May 3, 2012
Visit site

love reading these reviews, can't wait 'till my upgrade on Aug 1, getting my S3 then...currently rocking the E4GT

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Just upgraded from my Epic 4G to the GS3, so far have had no issues and all of my apps look better and run smoother. That is pretty much the 5 hour review, may have more info later.

bobwonderful

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site

Can someone from the Washington DC area comment on signal strength? Especially if you had a Epic4GTouch. I'm coming from a Palm Pre then went to an GS2 Epic 4G Touch and the signal quality was half as good. Many times where I got 2 bars on the Palm Pre, the GS2 didn't get any reception. 4G is spotty in the DC area so, most of the time I only really cared about 3G which was okay. Several of my work colleagues have the S3 but on Verizon or ATT.

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

I work in Washington DC, I travel through all 4 quadrants NE, NW, SE, SW and no matter where I get pretty good reception no 4G though it's only in Public spaces like Smithsonian, The Capitol there is interference which is to be expected but overall extremely good. Just waiting on 4G or LTE.

GoldenEagle06

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Well yesterday I ordered a GS3 for Sprint. I'm going to have a 1 on 1 phone battle with my 4s. I'm pretty excited and can't wait for it to arrive!

cbass6411

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Well yesterday I ordered a GS3 for Sprint. I'm going to have a 1 on 1 phone battle with my 4s. I'm pretty excited and can't wait for it to arrive!

I traded my 4S for the GS3 and I'm more then happy I did. I love the GS3. The way I looked at it, the guy who got the iPhone got ripped off. But overall this phone does everything I want and more :)

GoldenEagle06

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Just got the phone yesterday. The screen is super impressive. Still trying to get it set up how i want. The battery life doesn't impress me much, I'm already at 85 percent and it hasn't been used much today. Will have to figure that out. I'm open to any opinions and assistance that is out there

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to jump in a bit late, but nonetheless here goes. I like the phone...it's everything us hardware geeks are looking for and more. The mobile phone has become the computer of the mid to late 90s (ie..when something faster or bigger comes out, we have to have it regardless of how well our old one works).

The only thing that irked me is that in my car, I lay my phone down sideways. In my center dash, I have a little storage box door that flips down and it's perfect for keeping the phone in a horizontal position. I can better use maps, play, etc. Having the phone vertical is just kind of stupid...especially with charger on bottom and jack on top. There's no good way to keep it in that vertical profile position. Moving on...The aux jack wire comes in at the left (top) and the charger comes in on the right (bottom) of the phone. Unfortunately, the weight of the unit causes the volume to increase/decrease...or shut the phone off, depending on which way I'm laying it horizontal. Why on this earth, would Samsung not put the power button on top of the phone where it's not in the way of ANYTHING?

I have an otterbox commuter case coming from Amazon...so hopefully that will allow me to keep laying the phone on its side when its in the car. My EVO OG was perfect in that sense.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

I also took advantage of the Black Friday deal, only I got mine at Radio Shack, which also included a $50 Google Play credit! I'm loving the phone so far, just have to tweak the settings for a better battery life. All I'm waiting on now is my Otterbox Commuter from Amazon.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

Why on this earth, would Samsung not put the power button on top of the phone where it's not in the way of ANYTHING?

Personally I prefer it on the side and never understood why people like it on top. It's harder to reach on top when using the phone with one hand. I don't feel like it's "in the way". In fact, it makes it easy to use the phone one-handed using either the right or left hand - the former using my thumb and the latter using my index finger.

All about personal preference and what you are used to, I suppose. I got used to the side power button on my NS4G so now I prefer it that way.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

I also took advantage of the Black Friday deal, only I got mine at Radio Shack, which also included a $50 Google Play credit! I'm loving the phone so far, just have to tweak the settings for a better battery life. All I'm waiting on now is my Otterbox Commuter from Amazon.

I got mine at RS with the phone so that I could get an additional $10 coupon. I have that and I also have the Rearth Ringke SLIM Lite case. I prefer the slim case just for usability and love how thin the phone feels with it. I have the Otterbox for trips and such. The Otterbox is a major PITA to take off, and the surface is fairly smooth, meaning I'm more likely to drop the thing. The Rearth case has a grippiness to it that I like, it's a lot like the Incipio Feather case I had on my Nexus.

jrsoit

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

I have had my SGS3 since September when I upgraded from my rooted and romed LG Optimus S. Everything about this phone hardware wise is awesome. People have gone over the hardware pretty well here.

My only complaint so far is three fold. I am in the Phoenix area and I dont know but the signal strength is worse then my LG. I have rooted but stayed stock to get updates however nothing seems to strengthen the signal. I am now roaming in my place of work where my LG would get signal.
The build is way to slick. I will be installing an invisishield on it and I have bought an official samsung flip case to protect the screen but keep the phone slim.
Also the bottom of the phone gets way to hot while in use.

I would love to know if anyone else experienced signal probs in AZ.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site

My signal sucks in phoenix too. I am just waiting for sprint to notice us in one of the 8 largest cities in the country. A small city of <50000 I lived in in OK, Stillwater, got lte before us.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

jrsoit

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

No joke. Sprint signal in Phoenix blows.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

FootyFanGirl

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Just joined the forum, wish I had found it when I had my Galaxy 4G Epic!
I am so incredibly happy with this phone. Admittedly I was hesitant about tying myself to another Samsung after the Crap that was the Epic. But the more I read, the deeper in love I fell, and am pleasantly surprised by the SIII.

First impression was that the screen size is fabulous and I love how webpages look. The mere fact that I can now open pages quickly is amazing!
Though I had a bad experience with the Epic, I would recommend this phone to anyone.

Hello everyone,

The purpose of this thread, is to hear members thoughts & opinions on how the Samsung Galaxy S III stacks up amongst a suggested list of attributes:

• Aesthetics
  • Screen
  • Hardware
  • Phone - including bluetooth & speakerphone usage
  • Overall User Interface (including TouchWiz)
  • Widgets
  • Signal quality (Compared to other devices)
  • GPS
  • Social Networking
  • Email/Calendar
  • Battery Life
  • Performance
  • Media (music, movies, DLNA)
  • Keyboard's
  • Camera (both still & video)
  • How the Galaxy S III compares to your previous smartphone (if applicable)
  • Disappointments (if any)

Feel free to provide as little or as much detail as possible, while trying to make it as useful as possible. Hopefully this will help others who are considering the Galaxy S III, but would like to hear some user feedback first. Also, please do not review the Galaxy S III prior to having one ;)

And if you read a review that you found helpful, please use the Thanks button to show them your appreciation!

1ChiefsDan

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Just checking to see if anyone else is now experiencing severe battery drain? I know 4 people with the Galaxy S3, very different user types, and all of us are having this issue. Seems to have occurred with the lates update. 2 of us are on Sprint, 1 is on AT&T, not sure who the other one uses. But all of us have the same problem.

Any help is appreciated.

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
About now if you have day 1 gs3s it would be common. That battery is a year and a half old. Also the update to 4.3 also drains the battery. I did a factory reset after my update and all is fine on my phone.

tapatalked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz