S Voice not working

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having problems with S voice?
When I speak a command all it does is type out what I said (voice to text) but no action. After it types out what I said it goes back to asking me for my next command.
I don't see a settings to change anything that may fix this, any suggestions?
Also, no matter what setting I have , it never gives me any voice audio feedback.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Anyone having problems with S voice?
When I speak a command all it does is type out what I said (voice to text) but no action. After it types out what I said it goes back to asking me for my next command.
I don't see a settings to change anything that may fix this, any suggestions?
Also, no matter what setting I have , it never gives me any voice audio feedback.

Is it possible the app thinks you're issuing a command rather than asking a question? Maybe due to pitch, speed, dialect .... many variables, but possibly it isn't understanding you? Try having someone ask slowly and clearly "whats the weather like"

Also from inside the app try hitting the menu button and see if theres a settings menu in there. Might find some helpful stuff

Reactions: Makad

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, would you believe that when I changed the voice from U.S. English to english uk it started working again. P.S. I spent my 1st 15 years in England and the last 20 here in the U.S..

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, would you believe that when I changed the voice from U.S. English to english uk it started working again. P.S. I spent my 1st 15 years in England and the last 20 here in the U.S..

Lmfao honestly ... yes I do believe it. Voice recognition has come miles but has many more miles before I consider it a function rather than a cool gimmick.

Glad it's working. Cheers

EDIT- new android users should Google search android majel project. I suspect Google will be aiming for a grand slam and the whole majel thing is geek pron (google Majel Barrett if you don't know her )

Last edited:
Reactions: Makad

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to get what I'm saying right 95% of the time. However it doesn't seem to have any sense of humor built in.

Slimerang

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine isn't working either. I changed it over to UK English and it works. If I put it back to US it doesn't. When I say not working I mean that it transcribes what I'm saying pretty well into a bubble on the screen but then does nothing. If I change back to UK, it works. Guess I'm going UK for right now.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine isn't working either. I changed it over to UK English and it works. If I put it back to US it doesn't. When I say not working I mean that it transcribes what I'm saying pretty well into a bubble on the screen but then does nothing. If I change back to UK, it works. Guess I'm going UK for right now.

Thats exactly what mine was doing until I changed it to UK. Doesn't make sense really, since it transcribes accurately what I said. It did work as it was supposed to, in US mode when I first got it.

Oldoobie

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine is not working at all. I think it's since the recent update that took away Universal Search.

It keeps saying "I didn't catch that. please try again"

I did try to switch to the English U.K version

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a fairly heavy Wisconsin accent, according to friends from out of state. Is there a voice training option available for S-Voice?

I'm from Dallas so you can imagine how I feel that s voice doesn't recognize my country accent.... lol...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm from Dallas so you can imagine how I feel that s voice doesn't recognize my country accent.... lol...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

perhaps you can fool it with you fake English accent.

Realestatepro

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
My S Voice barely works either... Sometimes when i double click into he S voice feature it will beat i give it a command and it works... but most of the time when i double click it will go into S voice but will do nothing.. No beep...no action absolutely nothing it doesn't even light up the voice detection button that shows your talking... so frustrating..

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
S-Voice is mostly useless to me. Half the time, it can't understand what I'm saying and the other half, it takes longer to go through S-Voice than it would just to do the task myself.

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
S Voice is useless. I disabled it only to realize that without it, my Bluetooth headset loses any voice dialing capability.

I'd do anything to get the old school voice dialer on this phone or at least make Google Voice Search the default, but I can't find a way to do that.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Didn't everyone already know that s voice is a gimmick? Wait until jelly bean comes out for our phones. Google now will help. Also the new update (GL8) is supposed to improve voice recognition a bit.

Last edited: