Should I switch to Samsung galaxy s3 or iPhone or not at all?

kathkath

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I've been seeing people say bad things about the HTC EVO 4G LTE. Which is the phone I currently have. I've seen that people say its good for about a week then after that things go down hill. Should i switch phones while I'm on the trial period?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Well since you have the phone, how is it working for you? I wouldn't put too much stock in internet forum heresay. People rant and bash things that might not even be important to you so just use the device and if you're not happy with it then switch it out. That's my advice anyway. How long do you have to decide, like 2 weeks?

kathkath

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Yea 2 weeks. I have had for about 3-4 days now. My only problem is I can't figure out how to close tabs/windows when there's multiple open. Because after I while it won't let me watch a video because it can't pull up any more pages.

chay03

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Comes down to this: android or ios? What is easier to use for you? Don't get caught up in all the hype of of sg3 or evolte unless that's something you really want. Those two will come down to whether you like sense or touch wiz. Both are good.

If you want a big screen and the ability to customize your phone then go either of the two.

If you want easy to use with no care for a small screen, iPhone.

Hows your evo? Working good, then dont worry too much about other people and their phone issues.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

acadialover

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I switched from the phone 4s to the epic 4G and am happy I did. I love the large screen, bright colors, and I have had absolutely NO problems at all. My battery last two working days with quite a bit of use. Games, gps, and some mail. LIttle talk. I know how you can feel squeezed with the tw week thing. I say try each phone you are interested in. I did, and picked the Galaxy. I am very happy with it, even though I am a MAC person in every other way. Good luck. I do think it is a bummer that 5 months after I get this phone, there is already another .:(

acadialover

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I switched from the phone 4s to the epic 4G and am happy I did. I love the large screen, bright colors, and I have had absolutely NO problems at all. My battery last two working days with quite a bit of use. Games, gps, and some mail. LIttle talk. I know how you can feel squeezed with the tw week thing. I say try each phone you are interested in. I did, and picked the Galaxy. I am very happy with it, even though I am a MAC person in every other way. Good luck. I do think it is a bummer that 5 months after I get this phone, there is already another .:(

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Yea 2 weeks. I have had for about 3-4 days now. My only problem is I can't figure out how to close tabs/windows when there's multiple open. Because after I while it won't let me watch a video because it can't pull up any more pages.

In the stock browser, there's a little 3-dot button in the upper right corner. That's the standard menu/settings button in most apps. Tap that, go to tabs, then swipe left/right and close the tabs you don't want. The stock browser limits you to having only 6 tabs open at any one time. If that's too limiting, there are a number of alternative browsers in the play store: Chrome, Dolphin, Opera, etc. I personally use Boat browser.

As far as switching, give your EVO more run time. If you run into any problems that are absolute deal-breakers for you, feel free to look around at other options. It's the very nature of forums of any kind that you're going to see many more threads about issues people have.

Feel free to visit the EVO side of the forums for any other questions you may have. We have cookies! :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane