The official I have my Sprint 32 gig GS3 tracking # &/or phone

crow11ad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Thought we might have one of these since a lot of us are in the same boat and that way we too can be happy that soon we too will have our Galaxy s3's. So post away once you got your tracking number and/or phone.

So if you get the email or check the website and you see the tracking number and or your phone...please post.

Hopefully we get them tonight as I was told by Sprint on Friday and Saturday that the 32 gigs would ship this week. But we have all heard that before. Even during my online chat session with them this morning, a rep stated it will not be here this week. So at this point I give up. I think this is the last time I pre order.:'(

Last edited:

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think I will pre-order from now on. Even though this experience seems like a bad thing, it has taught me that most pre-orders get their phone before the store will. We just happened to order the more popular version of the phone. I think next time Sprint and Samsung will be much more prepared.

As far as what that rep told you that we might not see the phones this week, you know that reps know little or nothing when it comes to what's going on. But that's not to say they are wrong. I really hope they are wrong. We will see soon.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

crow11ad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: The official I have my Sprint 32 gig GS3 tracking # &/or phon

I think I will pre-order from now on. Even though this experience seems like a bad thing, it has taught me that most pre-orders get their phone before the store will. We just happened to order the more popular version of the phone. I think next time Sprint and Samsung will be much more prepared.

As far as what that rep told you that we might not see the phones this week, you know that reps know little or nothing when it comes to what's going on. But that's not to say they are wrong. I really hope they are wrong. We will see soon.

Oh I know they can be wrong, it was just the way they came across. I mean what gets me is the email from last week saying "your galaxy s3 is almost here" like it was a tease and hoping they can send it out this week.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I know what you mean about that email. It got my hopes up too. I just want them to officially tell us something about when we are getting the phone.

CoryBantic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Checked tracking # at 4:58 a.m., nothing. Just checked it right now, nothing...:'(

robflynn

May 31, 2011
Visit site

Customer support:
'32GB held up at Customs.'

sent from today's android 4.0.4

One of the Sprint CSRs told you this?!

Someone over on the Sprint forums had a posted conversation where the CSR this morning confirmed they are in the warehouse and will be shipping out soon.

WTH is going on with these phones...

CoryBantic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I tend to take CSR's conversations with a grain of salt. Half of the time they don't even know what's really going on and the other half of the time they're reading from a script. If in fact the phones are at customs then that should mean that once they get cleared, they'll arrive at the warehouse by evening today, get scanned and, by tommorow morning (or early Tues.), we should - in theory - get a tracking #.

Personally, I'm not gonna go by what some csr told some forum member. Show me the tracking number! 'Til then, we play the waiting game.

Reactions: dgene84

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Someone over on the Sprint forums had a posted conversation where the CSR this morning confirmed they are in the warehouse and will be shipping out soon.

I'm 99% confident that was a joke. You must not have been part of the Evo LTE launch :)

robflynn

May 31, 2011
Visit site

I'm 99% confident that was a joke. You must not have been part of the Evo LTE launch :)

HAHA!

Thanks Pookie, I kind of suspected that, but I know someone over on the Sprint forums made a similar comment. I guess it's just a running gag. :p

I accidentally left my browser sitting on the myorder page and got pinged by the automated chat crap before I could close it. I decided to see what wonderful information they had for us today.

Jessica (I always picture the redhead from True Blood when speaking to this semi-robot, so it makes me happy) claimed that Sprint has the 32gb in stock in their warehouse and they are just waiting to be shipped. I think they learned their lesson because she would NOT commit to them being shipped out today, but that it would be this week.

Just for fun I thanked her, closed the chat and waited to see how long it would be before it popped up again. You think they would have some sort of session tracker to know I have already been helped. At any rate everyone's favorite male robot, Mike, couldn't keep himself away from assisting me about 3 minutes later. Surprisingly Mike had a very similar message than Jessica. He worded it a little differently but said, "the 32gb preorders are in and ready to be filled. They will ship out as soon as possible." I said, "Sounds like they will go out today, huh?" Again, just like Jessica he would not commit to that.

I'm fine with getting my phone this week, next week, whenever. My EVO needs to be replaced, but it's not like it's hanging by a thread. I know there are a lot of people here that love to read new information though so figured I would join the fun. :p

Take it with a grain of salt, but maybe they are actually here and ready to go out.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

The customer service rep that I spoke to today (Monday) said that all 32GB are being held at Customs, that once the devices reach the warehouse then it will be an additional day or two to get the device to ship.....................I would take anything the CSR's say w/ a grain of salt, good or bad, absent a confirmation email w/ tracking information. :(

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

The customer service rep that I spoke to today (Monday) said that all 32GB are being held at Customs, that once the devices reach the warehouse then it will be an additional day or two to get the device to ship.....................I would take anything the CSR's say w/ a grain of salt, good or bad, absent a confirmation email w/ tracking information. :(

I've called Sprint and Samsung and neither could give me a definitive answer! So frustrating!! Looks like I'll be waiting for my phone PAST July 1st!! :mad:

Sonarchist, glad to see that you will be here for the forseeable future in the SGS3 threads! :)

CoryBantic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Whew! Ok, so joke's on me! But, I just thought of something even worse: I live in South Florida and, in case some of you haven't heard, Hurricane Debby is attacking North and Central Florida! I wonder how this might effect me in getting my phone this week? :-\

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Whew! Ok, so joke's on me! But, I just thought of something even worse: I live in South Florida and, in case some of you haven't heard, Hurricane Debby is attacking North and Central Florida! I wonder how this might effect me in getting my phone this week? :-\

Well for one, It isn't a Hurricane, and two it isn't that bad to the point of delaying mail.
And 3...the GS3's won't be shipping until after the storm is moved out.

I am in south florida myself and not worried!

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site

why would the phones be held up by customs?

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I've called Sprint and Samsung and neither could give me a definitive answer! So frustrating!! Looks like I'll be waiting for my phone PAST July 1st!! :mad:

Sonarchist, glad to see that you will be here for the forseeable future in the SGS3 threads! :)

Past July?!? ...........that's 1 week away, therefore, very possible w/ the way this is going so far. :(

Well perhaps we can get our rooted/custom recovery chops lined up, + drum up some themed antidote to our suspended state of 'dream/reality' LOL .........GrooveRite, it's gonna be a fun beach to surf (once our toys hit the mainland)..........guess all bets r off as to 'when.'

*edit: evidence of ups tracking #'s began popping on the Sprint boards early 3 a.m. Wednesday 06/27 NYC.......got mine at 10 a.m., w/ ups delivery scheduled for Thursday 06/28 by 3:00 p.m...........Lots CHANGED between Monday + Tuesday!

Last edited: