Anyone using an Alarm Clock on their S3?

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I used to use Dock Clock on my Epic Touch (my wife still uses it since I gave her the phone), and it was great. But after reading about burn-in issues with the GNex, which has the same (or very similar) screen as our phones, I'm paranoid to go back to using it.

Is anyone else using an alarm clock app on their phone?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jk175d

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I used to use Dock Clock on my Epic Touch (my wife still uses it since I gave her the phone), and it was great. But after reading about burn-in issues with the GNex, which has the same (or very similar) screen as our phones, I'm paranoid to go back to using it.

I just use the alarm clock functions on the built in clock. Works like a champ.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping for one. I'd like to be able to see the time without having to mess with the phone in the middle of the night, but that's were my burn-in worries come in.

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I want an alarm clock app that is first and foremost LOUD and second, I can set different music ringtones for each one. The clock app on the GS III only allows ONE music ringtone for ALL the alarms you set. :(
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

jk175d

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I want an alarm clock app that is first and foremost LOUD and second, I can set different music ringtones for each one. The clock app on the GS III only allows ONE music ringtone for ALL the alarms you set. :(
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Desk Clock + should do it for you.

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what I did different today than yesterday but the stock alarm clock is letting me set different music ringtones for each alarm now!
STILL NOT LOUD ENOUGH THOUGH!!!

gijoecam

May 11, 2011
Visit site
x2 on Alarm Clock Plus. it has a night clock and a dim night clock for which you can select your preferred custom color, (mine is a deep red, barely visible by day, not blinding at night) and the night clock moves position on the screen every minute to prevent screen burn in. been uusing it for about 18 months on my old phone, and 2 weeks on this one. Love it!!

And you can customize ring tones for it, set the volume to start loud or start quiet and ramp up, and you can have it speak the time and blink the screen as well. I couldn't be happier with it!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I'm using Alarm Clock Xtreme Free and it works great. Give it a try.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Chris778811

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I have been using ( bedside ) since evo4g work on the s2 and now the s3. Never had anything happen to the screen. When I dock the phone at night it comes on and stops all notification noises if you want it to. It lets phone calls and the stock alarm to work. Best app use it ever night

muskrat2k1

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Gentle Alarm for almost 2 years. At the time it was one of the only alarm apps that did the gradual-buildup thing right, and I got hooked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay