Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Boundsoul
  • 1 Post By Skunkape60
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lock Screen Wallpaper

Just got the GS3 Thursday for my girlfriend. So far everything has been great, but having an issue changing the lock screen wallpaper. Tried just doing it through gallery and from long-pressing home screen. After selecting, cropping, and saving, it still shows the default wallpaper. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Have you gone to settings> device>wallpaper> lockscreen?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah, I've tried every way I can think of. The only thing I haven't done is a full reset.

Ryan_Clark likes this.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Awwww man sorry dude. Hope it works for you. If not maybe you should take it back and get a new one

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Lock Screen Wallpaper

That's weird. But you can change homescreen wallpapers without a problem?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yeah, home screen no problem. No problems with any other customization. Would trying another launcher possibly work?

Retired Ambassador

I'm having the same issue. When I first set it up there was no problem. After I cleared data on the gallery so I could clear another issue I had, it started happening to me as well. I am going to be working on it after work today. If I figure it out I will let you know.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks. I'd rather not have to change launchers if possible, considering she doesn't really care about that.

I believe you have to use Samsung's own gallery tool to crop the picture properly. It looks like the lockscreen requires specific dimensions for it to work.

Clear the defaults on whatever gallery tool you were using and try theirs. I was having the same problem, and then tried the gallery tool as quikpic wasn't working.
    Thanked by:
    Retired Ambassador

Cb3ck is correct. I figured it out about a week ago. You have to use the stock gallery. Choosing any other method doesn't work.

I was having issues because I use Nova which allows scrolling wallpapers but the Samsung Crop tool was forcing me to crop in portrait mode at the aspect ratio of the single phone screen.

Thank you thank you thank you!
    I was just about to reset my phone back to factory defaults because i was having the same problem with the lock screen wallpaper not working. I too had tried everything i could think of, even using the stock gallery app like a few people have suggested. Nothing worked until i read on this forum to try this: i deleted the app data from both the gallery and quickpic, and removed the default settings from quickpic. Rebooted the phone and chose to use stock gallery for cropping the lock screen wallpaper and voila! Worked like a charm! Just wanted to pass this info on so you know that you don't have to reset your phone if you have this problem!
    Thanked by:
    capis 

ROM
    WOLFPACK V3.3

Im able to use any wallpaper i choose on my S3! Only prob i did have was with JellyBomb Rom. When i set home/lockscreens it was always shifted to the right only showing half the wallpaper! Now using AnaKonda and its pretty badass and no issues with lockscreen wallpaper at all! Goodluck!

Last edited by rclark144; 10-02-2012 at 07:34 AM.

Settings >Display >wallpaper >lock screen
    This is on Android 4.1.1