Dread pushing the Home Button?

kronium

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm so spoiled by a capacitive home button, that I dread pushing the S3's home button. I find my lazy self trying to get to my home page by using the back button. Too funny... Anyone else?

Samsung, please let the Note 2 have the old standard 4 capacitive buttons!

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to stick with my GSII awhile longer. I might have paid the full price for the GSIII but that button was just enough to keep me from doing it. I will never understand why these are still put on phones. In this day and age the phone should be a full screen (I could still deal with capacitive buttons though). I had a button on my old droid incredible and just never used it.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It's funny lol . Don't have mine yet but I'm looking forward to having the home button. I understand the on screen button thing but this phone is the same phone around the world and a lot of countries are use to the home button. America always needs to be different lol . I'll see after i use it if i feel the same way ....

Reactions: jfm

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I like it to be honest. No fumbling for a capacitive button that isn't lit yet. I can go home without even looking at the phone.

Interesting that those who hate the home button simply because the hate buttons as a rule, would prefer to have a hard camera release button.

I get it.....NOT

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I totally get it. First button I have had on my phone since way back in my blackberry days and find myself kind of avoiding it as well. Guess we will get used to it.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to stick with my GSII awhile longer. I might have paid the full price for the GSIII but that button was just enough to keep me from doing it. I will never understand why these are still put on phones. In this day and age the phone should be a full screen (I could still deal with capacitive buttons though). I had a button on my old droid incredible and just never used it.

100% with you. It's a step backwards imo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm so spoiled by a capacitive home button, that I dread pushing the S3's home button. I find my lazy self trying to get to my home page by using the back button. Too funny... Anyone else?

Samsung, please let the Note 2 have the old standard 4 capacitive buttons!

I like/use it quite a bit, actually. I'm really liking the menu button too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I personally do not like buttons, it would be kind of like getting a new phone and having the plastic pull up antenna like my old microtac.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I like it to be honest. No fumbling for a capacitive button that isn't lit yet. I can go home without even looking at the phone.

Interesting that those who hate the home button simply because the hate buttons as a rule, would prefer to have a hard camera release button.

I wouldn't want a camera button either.

I get it.....NOT

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I kinda dont like it either. i do the back back back thing too. If it was easier to press maybe, but its a little cumbersome. Sometimes i hate the capacitive on my Samsung Tab, but its becauise its slow and unresponsive. The s3 has none of these issues. I wish it was both physical and capacitive.

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Honestly why would they not put 3 or 4 capacitive buttons? The new one series has them and I think they just give the phone an android feel. Why must they try to copy apple? Face it us android users can be lazy and we don't want to push the button. This is the main reason why I didn't go with the s3 it just looks feminine with the super curved edges. I loved the us s2 models. I thought they were perfect in form factor. And there comes a point where a phone gets too think. You have to be able to hold the dang thing without it sliding out of your hand...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Honestly why would they not put 3 or 4 capacitive buttons? The new one series has them and I think they just give the phone an android feel. Why must they try to copy apple? Face it us android users can be lazy and we don't want to push the button. This is the main reason why I didn't go with the s3 it just looks feminine with the super curved edges. I loved the us s2 models. I thought they were perfect in form factor. And there comes a point where a phone gets too thin. You have to be able to hold the dang thing without it sliding out of your hand...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Honestly why would they not put 3 or 4 capacitive buttons? The new one series has them and I think they just give the phone an android feel. Why must they try to copy apple? Face it us android users can be lazy and we don't want to push the button. This is the main reason why I didn't go with the s3 it just looks feminine with the super curved edges. I loved the us s2 models. I thought they were perfect in form factor. And there comes a point where a phone gets too thin. You have to be able to hold the dang thing without it sliding out of your hand...

To take it further, why not all soft keys? That's more inventive, more creative, and honestly, my favorite part of the GN's physical aesthetic.

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes this does have some key points. But the buttons do take up room on the bottom of the screen

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
The home button takes away from the clean look of the phone and its awkward to push properly, one handed. I love the menu & return buttons though.

zharris24

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Also for quicker response on the home button, you can turn the double click functionality off for it to launch s voice. Doing this makes the home button a little more responsive.

Reactions: socialillz

deadpanwalking

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I am coming from a Galaxy Epic 4G where in order to wake it from sleep I'd have to pick the phone up then fumble awkwardly for the power button. Hence, I am really liking the home button. In fact I am still picking the phone up to wake it from sleep due to force of habit.

Reactions: Uncle Louie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781