Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fivegear
  • 1 Post By robnelle
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Netflix problems on S3

When I open the Netflix app and enter my email address and password, as soon as I try to proceed it just closes the app. Anyone else having this issue? I did a factory data reset and no luck, same problem.

Default Re: Netflix problems on S3

Just installed it and tried, worked flawlessly, sorry :-( . Did over wi-fi not 3g if that matters.

Global Posts
    1,032 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

No problems here! I restored Netflix from a Titanium backup, but I don't think that would have made much difference.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Man, really hoping I am not the only one here. I don't use it all the time but it is a nice app to have on my phone.
    jscruff likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

So I called Netflix, they are unaware of any problems with this phone or my account. This is starting to bug me now.

Have you tried clearing the app data/ cache under Settings> Application Manager> Netflix and reloading the app to see if that fixes things?
    Thanked by:
    scipio11111 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Wow do I feel like an *****! Sometimes the most obvious and easy solution is the last thing you think about. I should have done that in the first place. It is now working

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Glad you got it working!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thank you and I am very glad this wasn't an issue associated with this model phone

I just got the MHL to HDMI cable specifically made for the Samsung Galaxy S3. Everything seems to work, although it is picky with my HDMI ports on my tv. One works, one works without sound, one does not work.

As for Netflix, mine is working fine on the phone, but when I output it to the tv, it resizes the video to the old tv size screen and not my HD widescreen. Everything else on the phone seems to fill the screen, but Netflix specifically resizes every video I show, so on the phone is it widescreen, but on the tv it is not. I can stretch it on the tv, but that reduces the quality.

Anyone else having this problem? I hope to try this on a different tv, although I wanted it to work on mine. My previous Samsung Charge (with hdmi micro out slot on the phone) connects fine to all my Panasonic HDTV HDMI slots and Netflix shows wide screen fine on the tv.

Thanks for any feedback.

Michael

I was having trouble trying to login to Netflix. When I was typing my email/pw, it would only capture about every 5th or 6th character? Anyone else have that problem? I finally figured out the algorithm and was able to login, but not being able to see the pw characters really sucked.

how did you fix that?! i've been having the same problem on my galaxy s3. it only shows one character and i can't log in

Quote Originally Posted by nknw View Post
    how did you fix that?! i've been having the same problem on my galaxy s3. it only shows one character and i can't log in
    Same issue here. Just started today. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail. I can access Netflix through the browser, but I'd like the app to work. Please help if you can

Quote Originally Posted by davidh222 View Post
    Same issue here. Just started today. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail. I can access Netflix through the browser, but I'd like the app to work. Please help if you can
    I had this issue in the beginning as well. Just removed the predictive keyboard ( menu button )and I was able to login

Thumbs up Re: Netflix problems on S3

for Netflix to work on S3, you have to turn of predictive text by going to menu, settings, language and input and click on the cog next to Samsung Keyboard and turn of predictive text.
    Then the customer will be able to log into Netflix. Other wise it wont allow them to even type the Username and password on the log in screen.

SPRINT EMPLOYEE
    DENVER COLORADO

---------- Post Merged at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:11 PM ----------

for Netflix to work on S3, you have to turn of predictive text by going to menu, settings, language and input and click on the cog next to Samsung Keyboard and turn of predictive text.
    Then the customer will be able to log into Netflix. Other wise it won’t allow them to even type the Username and password on the log in screen.

---------- Post Merged at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Then the customer will be able to log into Netflix. Other wise it won’t allow them to even type the Username and password on the log in screen.

I was able to log in by typing one character at a time and tapping in the field after typIng each character.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by cinemaloon View Post
    I was able to log in by typing one character at a time and tapping in the field after typIng each character.
    That's right. That's how I did it too... It was a bit of work... I had no idea that it was not supposed to work..

Go figure, huh?

:-)
    East Houston Texas

Verizon SCH I535
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

I have been using Smart Keyboard Pro since day one on my S3. Wasn't even aware of the keyboard issue since I don't use the stock one. Makes sense and glad I know about it for future use.

Had the same problem, I got swift key from play store, so much better!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

This has happened to me before. But it just finally worked, eventually, after attempting many times. So, basically all I have to offer for advice is just keep trying. Sorry I couldn't be of any help, but at least you know you are not the only one to have experienced this issue. Good luck!!