I would like to thank Sprint for messing with the software!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
One of the most aggravating things to me about the Galaxy S2 (Epic Touch) was the call log showing your text messages too. You had the option to sort just by voice calls, but after a short while it would default right back to showing texts in the log as well. Our poor friends on AT&T had it even worse since they didn't have an option to sort by voice calls. Well, in the mean time, the AT&T GS3 now has the same options, and exhibits the same behavior as the Epic Touch. Sprint did us a favor though and permanently got rid of the text messages being shown in the call log.

I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I am glad Sprint pays attention to the little things, and as little as this was, to me, it was a major annoyance! So, thank you Sprint! :)

For all you guys and gals that don't have their Sprint GS3 yet, this post ought to make you just a little more excited to get your new phone if you had the same complaints that I had.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not positive but this could even be a product of ICS and not necessarily Sprint. Its been so long since I ran "stock" ICS, I can't remember..

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Not positive but this could even be a product of ICS and not necessarily Sprint. Its been so long since I ran "stock" ICS, I can't remember..

As I mentioned above, my friend has the AT&T version, and his options are different. He has to put up with getting texts in the call log.

And personally, I think this is a very positive change, text messages do not belong in the call log. If I want to see who texted me, I am going to look in the messaging app, not the call log.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Paul is correct. The text messages in the call log is an ics add on. The carrier's or phone manufacturers may have added filters for sorting but the text messages in the call log is definitely ics.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Completely agree about the texts in call log... Worst idea they ever came up with... When the devs figured out the hack for that back on Froyo I was all over that mod ;)

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Got my SGS2 right here and it does NOT show text messages in the call log. I use the call log on a daily basis and never seen a text listed in it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Im on my S2 with a custom rooted ICS ROM and this isnt even a option to show text in the call log. Smart dev :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I had my Epic Touch since October and 4 of my friends had the same phone, and they all complained about having the text messages show up in the phone log. I am obviously not imagining things since I found it to be the worst idea ever and all my buddys complained about it as well. I don't think it's an ICS thing. I used the stock launcher on my Epic Touch but I did use handcent sms which I no longer do on my GS3.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I had my Epic Touch since October and 4 of my friends had the same phone, and they all complained about having the text messages show up in the phone log. I am obviously not imagining things since I found it to be the worst idea ever and all my buddys complained about it as well. I don't think it's an ICS thing. I used the stock launcher on my Epic Touch but I did use handcent sms which I no longer do on my GS3.

I had a nexus s4g and it doesn't get more stock ICS than that. The text's in the call log appeared with the ICS update. The phone was 100% stock AOSP. No carrier changes, bloat or add ons. Google did this.

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I have an Epic Touch, rooted with an ICS ROM and from what I can see the text messages are not shown in the call logs but I have seen it before.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I just don't get it....hmm...it can't be because of Handcent, my friend uses the stock messaging app on his Epic Touch and he also gets the texts in the call log.

Oh well, guess that will remain a mystery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar