1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Default How are the radios..forget the extras ...how's the service

Sent from my MB855 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    #instaflash

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Default Re: How are the radios..forget the extras ...how's the service

GPS and signal has been great soo far for me. I'm definitely waiting for the 4GLTE and revamped 3G because data is definitely slow compared to the other carriers. I'm on WiFi most of the time so i'm not soo worried right now.
    ...AKA STEEZC
    nexus 5 // white 32gb
    samsung galaxy note 2 // goodness noteworthy v3.0.3

so far so good...better than my evo4g...

Ugh.. So if and when I switch from Verizon to Sprint, how disappointed am I gonna be at the data speeds and service? Sprint is about 50$ cheaper per month for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

Sprint's about to get a whole lot better over the next year. As of today, 25 Nextel towers on the island of Oahu are being re-purposed to improve Sprint's coverage and service. The rest of the country's nextel towers should be following suit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stbrightman View Post
    Ugh.. So if and when I switch from Verizon to Sprint, how disappointed am I gonna be at the data speeds and service? Sprint is about 50$ cheaper per month for me.

Moving from Verizon to Sprint.. You will notice a big hit in speed difference. But if your in it to save some money and can be patient to see Sprint through on their Network Vision upgrade (better 3g and switch from currrent 4g WIMAX to 4g/LTE like Verizon uses) then you should check it out.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Is the whole process slated to be finished by the end of 2013? When the updates are finished, will LTE cover everywhere that 3g is? And at that point, sprint will have the most comprehensive LTE network?

I checked the sprint update schedule for my area, but the updates are very vague and don't tell you exactly what's going on.

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tdoom15 View Post
    Is the whole process slated to be finished by the end of 2013? When the updates are finished, will LTE cover everywhere that 3g is? And at that point, sprint will have the most comprehensive LTE network?

I checked the sprint update schedule for my area, but the updates are very vague and don't tell you exactly what's going on.
    I dont know the answers to your question off the top of my head, but the site at and their forums have some good sprint LTE related information.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I think their time frame is by the end of 2014.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I'm coming from a 4G Blackberry phone so I'm obviously noticing a drop in service to 3G. I'm in Boston so who knows when we'll see 3G upgrades or LTE. The phone itself is fast so I cant complain too much, but hopefully Sprint gets moving on these upgrades.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Banned

Umm why are ppl talking about carriers...my post says nothing about that ..I wanna know what ppl think about the radios in the phone ..not weither ur going from Sprint to Verizon..learn to read

Quote Originally Posted by gogators1974 View Post
    Umm why are ppl talking about carriers...my post says nothing about that ..I wanna know what ppl think about the radios in the phone ..not weither ur going from Sprint to Verizon..learn to read

With that response my guess is you are going to have to figure it out on your own. It's funny...i tell my teenager to NOT ask me for a favor if she is being rude to me. You are being rude and asking for a favor. not a good way to go.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The radios are on par with GS2, meaning the Epic 4G Touch, the GPS is much improved from what I can see.

And I do know how to read, so do most of the other users of this forum.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by Stbrightman View Post

He asked the question about switching carriers

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2

Number one, they said verizon to sprint, not the other way...learn to read.

Secondly, a switch from verizon to sprint might raise a similar question as yours, and is therefore related.
    Number three, the appropriate way to get the thread back on topic is to say, "anybody else have any more info about the OP?" Otherwise you'll end up with a multitude of posts such as this one with a similar attitude that provide even less actual information on the topic.

If you want help, politeness>douchebaggery any day of the week.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Android Central Forums

Direction that this thread should be taking is...

1. Your going to get a variety of posts coming at you from different directions. Yes its posted in the Sprint forums but people like to bring in comparison from other carriers & devices.

2. Name calling or telling people to read or search is never the answer, it only causes tension to build.

3. I will add my opinion below to the OP's question.

I think you can only judge the SGSIII's radio quality to a certain extent without mentioning and taking into consideration the carrier, signal infrastructure/quality in your area. You can have the best radio but if its running on a sub par network or signal it isn't going to mean a whole lot. We all hope and believe Samsung's new SGSIII's carry a better radio compared to previous Samsung devices but its going to be a hard thing to judge due to varying details as I already mentioned.

Overall most seem to think its on par or better than the previous SGSII design which is a great sign. Hopefully once Sprint's LTE comes online for more and more people we can see a better impression of what this SGSIII is doing on the Sprint network.

That sum it up good enough?
    Paul

Something else to consider....I have not seen location mentioned yet.

I live in the Hollywood/Ft Lauderdale area....so when answering this question (or one similar to it) in the past...I have almost ALWAYS had GREAT reception here. I have rarely dropped calls and when I do its almost always in rare places (elevators of tall buildings etc). I use my phone (optimus s) a bunch both as a phone and as a hotspot without many issues....but sorry to inform, i'm still waiting to replace it with the 32g S3. I suggest, just for reference something like this;

example
    Phone = 32gb blue S3
    Area = Hollywood/ Fort Lauderdale Florida
    Rate Phone service service 1-10 (1= I'm returning it - 10= the BEST I have EVER had)
    Rate data service 1-10
    Last phone = LG optimus S
    Best phone before this = TP2
    Last Carrier = T-Mobile
    Anything else?

just a suggestion ... I'd like to know the same as the OP... + more if possible

Thanks!

works really well

One thing to keep in mind also... If your in an area that is currently undergoing the LTE or 3g improvements then you are probably experiencing more dropped calls, poor service than normal, delayed texts, etc... as they switch towers on & off for the various upgrades going on.

I'm in Chicago suburbs currently undergoing the upgrades and ever since they started back about 2/3 months ago its been horrible but as time goes by areas I drive into nearby are improving more and more with solid calls and improved quality little by little.
    Paul

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I think their time frame is by the end of 2014.
    Timeframe for completion of Network Vision is Q3 / Q4 2013 and Yes, LTE will be available everywhere 3G is available.