WiFi randomly turning on??

omahabruin

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I have had an issue where my WiFi has been randomly turning on whether I am doing anything on my phone or not. Is anyone having this issue it is nothing I can't live with but is a little annoying.

ReggieTee

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I have had an issue where my WiFi has been randomly turning on whether I am doing anything on my phone or not. Is anyone having this issue it is nothing I can't live with but is a little annoying.

it's that sprint optimization crap thats doing it. I gotta find a way to turn it off too.

kronium

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I still have random disconnects and reconnects even with Sprint Automatic Connections turned off. Something is screwy.

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I still have random disconnects and reconnects even with Sprint Automatic Connections turned off. Something is screwy.

Yup, there is some wifi bug out there, we all seeing the same issue. wifi would disconnect and reconnect. your best option is to go in to wifi setting and setting radio to use only 2.4 or 5gh. Do not use AUTO as of yet because is sort of buggy

dafoot2

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Check your WiFi settings...settings/WiFi/advanced/keep WiFi on during sleep.....mine was set on always from factory. Everyttime screen saver turned on the phone would switch to WiFi....took me awhile to figure out

ReggieTee

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yup, there is some wifi bug out there, we all seeing the same issue. wifi would disconnect and reconnect. your best option is to go in to wifi setting and setting radio to use only 2.4 or 5gh. Do not use AUTO as of yet because is sort of buggy

I haven't had an issue since turning off Sprint Optimization.

kronium

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Check your WiFi settings...settings/WiFi/advanced/keep WiFi on during sleep.....mine was set on always from factory. Everyttime screen saver turned on the phone would switch to WiFi....took me awhile to figure out
Isn't it supposed to be on so it doesn't have to keep connecting when the phone wakes? I'm on 2.4 ghz only with sprint connection off and something is still screwy. Ugh.

dafoot2

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Isn't it supposed to be on so it doesn't have to keep connecting when the phone wakes? I'm on 2.4 ghz only with sprint connection off and something is still screwy. Ugh.

Not sure on that...but i had wifi turned off...whenever my phone went to sleep it turned my wifi on. Whenever I would wake my phone wifi was connected. I never turned wifi on, this setting somehow let my phone connect to wifi when my phone went to sleep.

The explaination on the setting says if set to Never on during sleep, it increases data usage, guessing thats a setting for those without unlimited data.

I purposely turn my wifi off...if i change the setting to wifi on during sleep, if my phone sleeps, the wifi turns on... when i waken it, its on wifi and then switches back to 3g. when i first got phone becuase wifi would turn on when I purposely turned it off on the main screen.

Last edited:

jreese33

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't see a reason to have WiFi on at all if you are not near a WiFi router.
Example: If you have WiFi at home, then as you drive to work where there is no WiFi, why would you leave WiFi on all day...it would just drain your battery faster. Same with GPS, or Bluetooth. It makes more sense to turn these "radios" off when not needed..right?

Reactions: mcm180

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Go to system settings > more settings > mobile networks > automatic connections and turn off the sprint auto connect.