Is there a reason to upgrade from my SGSII if I do not live in an

Starfinder

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have an SGSII on Sprint and live in Orange County, CA. There is talk that they may be rolling out LTE in LA soon but I don't expect LTE in Orange County for 9-12 months. I am very happy with my SGSII and have all of the apps and settings finely tuned for it.

I now occasionally get Wimax on the SGSII which the SGSIII won't get. My inclination is to wait until LTE is rolled out in my area and then upgrade to the SGSIII, or potentially IV at that time. Or, the newest great phone Sprint releases.

Are there any compelling issues to get the SGSIII now?

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is there a reason to upgrade from my SGSII if I do not live i

If you've got a working S II in an area with WiMax availability - keep it until LTE is up and running in the area where you'll be using your phone the most. That's my plan, anyway.

saucratiz81

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site

No there is not a reason, root your current SII flash a custom rom with the software upgrades of the SIII and you have a brandnew phone.

WesR6

Mar 6, 2011
www.wmriders.com
I have an SGSII on Sprint and live in Orange County, CA. There is talk that they may be rolling out LTE in LA soon but I don't expect LTE in Orange County for 9-12 months. I am very happy with my SGSII and have all of the apps and settings finely tuned for it.

I now occasionally get Wimax on the SGSII which the SGSIII won't get. My inclination is to wait until LTE is rolled out in my area and then upgrade to the SGSIII, or potentially IV at that time. Or, the newest great phone Sprint releases.

Not sure if you have seen this site or not but here's a link detailing the LTE roll out in your area.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/...network-visionlte-deployment-schedule-update/

-Wes

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

If you are very happy with the SII I would absolutely wait. I'll bet you could be happy all the way till the next best thing since sliced bread rolls out and you will be a step ahead.

Lucki

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

If you are very happy with the SII I would absolutely wait. I'll bet you could be happy all the way till the next best thing since sliced bread rolls out and you will be a step ahead.

You being serious or what lol?JW

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

I will wait until LTE comes to Boston and get it if the signal is better especially for 3g. If not, I'll ride out my contract and switch back to verizon.

epic_samantha

May 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm not getting LTE in my area at all, the nearest LTE signal is over fifty miles away. I bought the SGSlll for battery life, picture quality, size and for the fact that I really wanted 4.0 ICS and I didn't want to wait for Sprint to deliver 4.0 to my SGSll. It's completely up to you whether or not you do upgrade. I am really happy with my SGSlll even without the LTE. I think (this is my opinion) that my SGSlll is leaps and bound better than my SGSll. With that said I hope you make the best choice for you. Good luck :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87