Sunday, July 1 Launch (take 2)

mlgoon

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I would think that's a rumor. Sprint will take the first customer with money and ready to purchase.

They want new customers, but I doubt they'd turn down a sale with you standing in the store ready to buy and they available stock that's not already spoken for.

It's not a rumor. We were told that when we called the Sprint Store. I don't think it's across the carrier, though. It could just be these stores. We'll stop in there anyway and wave our wad of cash around and see if we can get them to bite. Otherwise, we'll stop in at Best Buy to try our luck there.

Ingry79

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Seeing that so many are interested do you guys think its going to be black Friday like lines at the stores, since sprint, radio shake, best buy/ comp USA, target and other stores will sell them tomorrow?

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having login issues? Keeps saying invalid password, and then Access Denied due to too many login failures. o_O It's the same password and username because I requested it sent to my email. I even reset the password. What luck :p

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay, finally went through. Got scared for a minute. Ended up using Internet Explorer as opposed to Chrome. Yay!

I've been refreshing the page since 12 and finally was successful about 30 min ago. Just ordered the Pebble 32GB, and it came to $274. Guess I'll search through some cases now :D

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
How much did the 32gb cost for people who ordered in online? What was the total cost??

I just ordered the white 32 GB version online, and took advantage of the buyback deal (comes off your bill once they receive the devices). Took about 5 minutes, and there was no delay. Total cost was $279.68, including tax ($29.69 - Chicago, IL). I find that I will also be charged the $36 activation fee (as an upgrading customer rather than $0 for new accounts). I think this is a rather silly (and petty) charge, since all I have to do to activate the new phone is go to sprint.com/activate. I don't think it even involves dealing with a real person.

Either way you go, it's painless and reassuring. You might want to try telesales, though. You may be able to get them to waive the activation fee. ;)

Last edited:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
From what I can gather, the Sprint Stores here in Sioux Falls, SD are getting their supply in on Sunday as well. But, has anyone been told you won't be sold the GS3 if you're a returning customer? That's what we're hearing from them here. They're reserving their stash for new customers only. Anyone renewing, like myself and my family, will have to wait until July 8th to get the GS3.

That's really disappointing to me.

What it is is BS! Is this a corporate store? If it is, they could get in trouble for such a policy. This is the first I've seen of such a policy. Anyone else?

staticradar

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Best buy has it in their ad this week for AT&T and Sprint, gonna go over today and see if they got any accessories in since they said they'd get them in when they launched. Good luck to those that don't have the phone yet!

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Im heading to Best Buy myself when they open to dig through accessories for my 32gb

Posted from my Sprint White GS3 via Tapatalk