Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Hopefully sprint will follow through with their promise to improve their network.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Anyone Else Having Sprint GS III Radio Issues??

Quote Originally Posted by cuffs50 View Post
    Hopefully sprint will follow through with their promise to improve their network.

They are updating the network. It is going to take time before many of us see the improvements. You can see what they are doing in your area with this tool.

https://network.sprint.com/

Okay here is one thing that i Have noticed about the evo lte/sgs3 and that is this they run the same s.o.c system on chip so what does this Have to do with anything you might ask simple same radios but what is diffent is the software for the radios so people shouldnt say this was bad or good but in stead say i Have had some bad luck with them

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    The gps on these phones are the best I've ever seen on any phone. It picks up the gps signal faster than even my garmin. Not only me but every reviewer has said the gps radio is on this phone is a real preformer. Hearing this makes me wonder if you might be trolling just a bit.

Tell me please what's wrong with this gps? It finds more satellites than there are bars in the graph. The dev will have to update this app to provide a graph to show all the satellites this phone finds.

Attachment 29244

It is so sad that you guys are having these issues with your GS3..I am currently testing an ATT GS3 to make sure I can make it with a limit on data. The GS3 I have is absolutley flawless and both radios including WIFI are superior in relation to the GS2. I can only think that this isn't a Samsung problem but in fact a Sprint one. And many don't realize how much singal strength effects battery life..I can honeslty say that my GS3 on Att gets 12 hours with heavy use but I know with Sprints weak and degrading signal it won't come close to my ATT gs3
    I agree...my radio, GPS, and WiFI are much better than the SGSII....I am getting 1000kbps in areas where I was struggling to get 20kbps with my sgsII...less dropped calls etc...

the radio is almost on par with the OG Evo

the GPS is a million times better than any device out there...locks within seconds...my car and portable GPS can't even do it that fast
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

I pre-orderd my GSIII and got it on the 22nd of June. The phone rocks, but the radio signal strength is bad... GPS on the other hand is awesome! I found an app on the playstore called "Network Signal Speed Booster*" It seems to help a bit.... I had the EVO LTE before & had even worse radio problems with it...

Quote Originally Posted by uberterrific View Post
    I found an app on the playstore called "Network Signal Speed Booster*" It seems to help a bit...
    Mostly this app seems designed to rape your privacy. By installing it, you are granting the app permission to run in the background always, harvest your phone number and those you talk to, as well as the unique serial number of your device (IMEI) for tracking, and your location, then transmit all this information to who-knows-where over an internet connection.

Carrier
    AKOP BUILD #34 ICS

I have to say I started with the let evo and the radio sucked..I switch to The s3 and I have the best service I have ever had with sprint....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    993 Global Posts

wrt "Network Signal Speed Booster" - I tried similar apps and found I could accomplish the same effects by toggling airplane mode which I believe is equivalent to what these apps do. They cannot increase the strength of the signal nor increase the sensitivity of the phone's antenna.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
    They are updating the network. It is going to take time before many of us see the improvements. You can see what they are doing in your area with this tool.

https://network.sprint.com/
    I spoke with a Sprint rep a couple of days ago with a question about the available mobile hotspot, and asked as to when we might expect the LTE network to be available in Chicago. It's already available in the Northwest Indiana area, which is a much smaller market, with fewer towers. Anyway, I was told our Chicago towers are being worked on at this time and Sprint is hoping to get most of them ready to go by the end of this month or early next month. All I can say is, we'll see. I'll believe it when my notification bar shows 4G.

I think it's pretty much a concensus that Samsung's radios are pretty horrible when compared to competitors. The shocking part is the fact that it seems that they've done nothing to improve this.

The radio in the gs3 is identical to the radio in the evo lte. It's the same soc chip. The snapdragon IS the radio.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Very likely, most of the scattered "radio" problems being reported anecdotally are related to area-specific Sprint network issues, because the entire Sprint network is under construction on a rolling local basis. But we can't know for sure because Sprint is keeping mum about problems. Overall, I am optimistic about the long-term prospects for the network, but that is small solace for someone who can't connect in their area with this expensive device/service. IMHO, it is a risk to keep a phone past the 14-day trial period based on just hope. So if I were experiencing such issues, I would not commit to a new two-year contract without knowing for sure. You can always wait.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

My OG Evo had better reception. There've been times when my GTalk msgs don't get sent n I have to restart the phone.
    But it's an on n off thing bcuz it works after resetting. Then at random times pictures sent in texts won't dl until I reset.
    Overall, I love the phone but I didn't have these issues w my Evo. In the same area.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Comming from just about every flagship phone Sprint has/had to offer in my area:

OG Evo: Great all around phone. Worked as intended and when needed. Signal was good but software sometimes was buggy.

Evo 3D: Sucked. It just flat out sucked. I would be in my living room with 4 bars then it would go into roaming, drop my call, then back to 4 bars. This was consistant. I went through 3 Evo 3D's before Sprint told me I had to get a different phone....went to Photon.

Photon: Photon's radios are phenominal. Blur suckes and software at first were buggy but after a few updates, it workes as intended. I still use this phone.

GSII: Good phone. Radios are OK, not great. Went into roaming were I shouldn't have but it was usually short lived. Ran smooth like butter with a few quirks but nothing major.

Evo 4G LTE: Just like my Evo 3D...a dissapoinment. I like sense, but just too much bloat. Radios...eh, hit and miss for signal. It worked but needed to see if anything else was/is better.

GSIII: Just like the GSII except radios seem to be a little better. I get a stronger signal at home and wifi just blows away the competition. So far, it's a good phone that seems to work.

These are soley my opinions and under my OWN circumstances. I know some will disagree but this is how I viewed them in my particular area. I must add that all phones worked but HTC, after the OG evo, irked me. Quality seemed to drop dramatically in my opinion. So far, the GSIII has been (since yesterday), a good phone. On par with the GSII but the radios seem to be a little better. I think I will stick with phone till my next upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
    Its the network. I keep hearing these stories in different forums with both the GS3 and the EVO LTE. I have the GS3 and my phone works really good when I'm not at home. But when I am home my bars go up and down. My WiFi signal goes up and down as well. Then my phone goes into roaming when I have full bars on WiFi. My other phone the Photon is constantly dropping calls at home. It works good outside the house. I believe it is the Sprint network.
    My phone does all this too the T, LG2 radio made it worse, im working on getting LF9 radio back as we speak.

this message brought to you by my GS3 running blazer ROM

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    agreed...GPS is absolutely amazing...I get a lock mostly in less than a second, few secs max!!

I agree...my radio, GPS, and WiFI are much better than the SGSII....I am getting 1000kbps in areas where I was struggling to get 20kbps with my sgsII...less dropped calls etc...

the radio is almost on par with the OG Evo

the GPS is a million times better than any device out there...locks within seconds...my car and portable GPS can't even do it that fast
    I tested my Photon -dbm against my SG III and they are very close, or the same all of the time. Anyone having issues either has a bad phone or is in a network vision upgrade area.....you will find most GS III users love the radios of this phone, and it's gps.

Well my radios was great the day before the official lte launch, now can't get hardly any 4g signal, I live in GA and I am pissed.

Sent from my white, sexy S3.

well I go from have 3g to 4g to no internet connection. Then I have dropped more calls since I have had the s3 than I have in the past 3 years. My phone constantly roams now. I never had problem with roaming before unless I clearly went into an area without sprint. now sitting inside any building or walking outside I can start to roam.

Quote Originally Posted by phone-a-holic View Post
    well I go from have 3g to 4g to no internet connection. Then I have dropped more calls since I have had the s3 than I have in the past 3 years. My phone constantly roams now. I never had problem with roaming before unless I clearly went into an area without sprint. now sitting inside any building or walking outside I can start to roam.
    Update your PRL and Profile and then restart. That sometimes does wonders. If you have done that, I would take it back and try a different phone. My GS 3 gets better reception than any other phone (except the Photon) in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    Update your PRL and Profile and then restart. That sometimes does wonders. If you have done that, I would take it back and try a different phone. My GS 3 gets better reception than any other phone (except the Photon) in my area.
    I have done that already. I will probably return around the 6 month mark. That way all the bugs have been worked out of the shipments

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

Sucks that the AT&T version doesn't have the built in radio... but seriously who need a radio when u can have Pandora....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Are you saying other versions do have am/fm receivers? Neither CPU (quad/dual) has this radio and it's hard to imagine squeezing another chip into this sleak beauty. Internet radio would fill that need.

Quote Originally Posted by oneAwake View Post
    Several coworkers of mine have the GSIII, they also complain about poor signal, particularly GPS. I'm very skeptical about those saying they're not experiencing the same issues. These are the same issues I've had with my Epic 4G Touch.

I'm coming off the original Palm Pre and therefore blissfully don't know what a quality radio is. Dang, I hope software tweaks can do something to improve this eventually. Samsung has to be getting an earful.

Carrier
    Stock....for now

This morning, on 1 bar (-95 dBm) I got 1.2 Mbps down at my place. Crazy thing is, I've been getting MAX 200, 300 Kbps. I don't know what's changed, but I'll take it

Yes I have the same problem with my sg3 ..sometime I have full signal sometime nothin. And I had the epic 4g touch it was the same problem. I rooted and changed the different Rom and modems but still same problem..I think Samsung is sucks I never will buy a Samsung phone no more...but u can try Motorola's phone as photon 4g is the best for signal that phone is fantastic...but in my case I will try iPhone 5

---------- Post Merged at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:06 PM ----------

There's no fix for this kind of phone...I had 2 already poor signal always ..sprint signal is very good. In Motorola's phones full signal and everything fast
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast