Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Anyone Else Having Sprint GS III Radio Issues??

Quote Originally Posted by albertoscln View Post
    Yes I have the same problem with my sg3 ..sometime I have full signal sometime nothin. And I had the epic 4g touch it was the same problem. I rooted and changed the different Rom and modems but still same problem..I think Samsung is sucks I never will buy a Samsung phone no more...but u can try Motorola's phone as photon 4g is the best for signal that phone is fantastic...but in my case I will try iPhone 5

---------- Post Merged at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:06 PM ----------

There's no fix for this kind of phone...I had 2 already poor signal always ..sprint signal is very good. In Motorola's phones full signal and everything fast
    same thing with the iphone5 on sprint...i have both the sgsiii and that

Quote Originally Posted by oneAwake View Post
    Several coworkers of mine have the GSIII, they also complain about poor signal, particularly GPS. I'm very skeptical about those saying they're not experiencing the same issues. These are the same issues I've had with my Epic 4G Touch.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    I had the EVO LTE for 2 months before trading out to the GS3.
    I have no dropped calls. Good signal, good data, LTE is way better on this. GPS has given me no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    I had the EVO LTE for 2 months before trading out to the GS3.
    I have no dropped calls. Good signal, good data, LTE is way better on this. GPS has given me no issues.
    yep..samsung finally fixed their radios!

I am having the same issues with my Galaxy S3. My wife will be walking beside me talking in the mall and I will lose signal. She is able to keep talking. Same with the mountains. She can continue to talk and I can't. We both use verizon. I spoke with they said they have not heard of the problem. The person at the verizon store

Not that I want to contribute to the flame war here, but I am experiencing similar problems as the OP. I wanted to take my phone back to Sprint to have it swapped out, because on top of major signal issues, I have extremely glaring OLED defects on my screen that I see at night. I already swapped it once, and saw no improvement on signal OR OLED problems.

Here are my issues:
    - Much worse cellular signal in the same places I used my Evos... Real-world experience with dropped calls, straight-to-voicemail, and texts/mms not sent or received. I miss about 50% of my calls. Infuriating.
    - BLUETOOTH is garbage on this phone. I have a Beacon BT audio cube that works from nearly 200ft on my Asus Transformer TF301, and my Evo 3D, yet, on my S3, I get audio chopping out at FIVE FEET. If I put my hand on the back the phone in a certain way, I can cause the signal to drop out entirely.
    - WiFi is pretty much a joke, when compared to any other device, ever produced. The Eye-Fi SD card in my camera has literally TWICE the range. I kid you not. A WiFi antenna crammed into an SD card performs better than my $600 cell phone? Thanks Samsung
    - I also have MAJOR issues handing off between EV-DO and LTE. I don't live in a market with LTE yet, but I visit them quite often. Typically when I hit an area with LTE, my phone just loses all internet connection. Not cool. I have tried various modems, and PRLs, with no luck.
    - GPS antenna is WEAKER than my Evo 4G and Evo 3D. It locks fairly quickly when outdoors, however. On-par with my HTC devices.

I then got to talking to several of my friends and family, and I found out the problems weren't just with me---and they weren't limited to just the S3. I have friends with these phones that have eerily-similar problems:
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (Sprint)
    Samsung Nexus S 4G (Sprint)
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (Multiple carriers)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Multiple carriers)

I have seen these phones deliver lackluster signal strength, _especially_ with WiFi--in person. I have now come to the conclusion that Samsung radios are inferior to the competition. Perhaps this is how they make their phones slimmer--I do not know. Coming from the older HTC Evo line of phones, I can say I am seriously disappointed with ALL radio performance in this S3, and all other Samsung Android phones I have ever touched. Sounds harsh, but I am basing this off of actually using the devices.

I am considering going into the store with a few bluetooth accessories and trying all the phones on display. I might have to switch to the HTC Evo LTE 4G. I used to be able to walk over 250-300ft away, in a giant datacenter, from my HTC Evo 3D and still get flawless stereo sound from my BbD headphones. Now I can't go over 20-30ft before losing signal completely. Static and cut-outs start at 5ft or less sometimes.

blah.

YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!

I am on my 2nd one after swapping it out at Best Buy because Sprint could not figure it out. My new phone is still doing the same thing but yet when they gave me a loaner phone (Samsung Victory) it did not roam as much. My problem is that when I am roaming I cannot make a call and it roams 80% of the time. Again even when I had the Victory it roamed but I could still call out. All of my family has sprint but not a galaxy s3 and can make calls when I cannot. I am so frustrated with this phone!!!!!!!

Carrier
    WOLFPACK V3.3

I was having slow slow turtle speeds as well until I was reading and found this http://d-h.st/3nzgolp0e54a/DataSpeedTest.zip
    I NOTICED A BIG DIFFERENCE! ENJOY. JUST DOWNLOAD AND FLASH!
    Galaxy S3........

My original EVO was so much better. Samsung clearly has in inferior antenna/ radio compared to htc. I think it's pretty well known in all the tech circles. htc makes phones and Samsung excels at tv's. Enough said, but I won't get screwed next time until they go public with their obvious defects.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234