If you bought from Best Buy there may be $$$ waiting for you!!!

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So bestbuy price matches right? Well radio shack has the S3 for $149.00 online as part of a extra $50 off any new phone. So as long as that offer is good for retail stores(dont see online only anyware so I assume so) Anyone who bought from bestbuy is entitled to $50 back from their 30 day price match guarantee. Well I just saw this over on XDA so it's too late to check for sure today but I will be testing in the morning. If someone on the East Coast could confirm before I wake up i'd appreciate it :)

If you want to see just goto Radioshacks site it's on the main page and if you click into a S3 it will say $149.99

Edit: I can now confirm personally that it works... 2 phones $167 back on price match #winning!

425744b4-dbf3-bdd1.jpg

Last edited:

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: If you bought from Best Buy there may be $$$ waiting for you!

Thumbs up... let me know how u make out!

Will do! The bestbuy guy told me to be on the look out for price drops anyway.. though he only said costco, sams and target but any retail place should do the trick as long as they have the phone in stock...

I bought 2 S3's today so I definitely would like that $100 back

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

well I can tell you it worked for me I paid full price foe mine and got them to match sprints price of 549.99 so when I walked out of the store today I paid 499.99 I was so happy and I really like the phone.

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I'm gonna head into Best Buy and check it out today. I called and they said that I just need to bring I proof of the Radio Shack offer and I should be all good!! Thanks irock1985

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I thought Best Buy was selling it for $149.99 with the activation fee waived....obviously misinformed...

Well....I call Radio Shack claiming that's what Best Buy was offering and asked if they would match that. Said they'd call me back to check with their Sprint rep....received the call....confirmed...yes, sir...we can. Will you come in? Of course...after I go to Best Buy and they tell me it's $200 with activation charge. Yikes...so I go straight to Radio Shack hoping they don't call Best Buy to confirm. They don't.

Luckily...they still honored it. LOL... I'm glad this thread is up...felt sort of bad being dishonest when I found out Best Buy's real price. Now...it's okay. But I did tell them that prior to getting confirmation from Best Buy on what they were selling it for.

GS3receipt3.png

GS3receipt4.png

Last edited:

DefinedByClass13

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone seen the instore pricing at Radioshack? I'm assuming it's $199.99, which they can match to their site's pricing to $149.99 if so.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

So bestbuy price matches right? Well radio shack has the S3 for $149.00 online as part of a extra $50 off any new phone. So as long as that offer is good for retail stores(dont see online only anyware so I assume so) Anyone who bought from bestbuy is entitled to $50 back from their 30 day price match guarantee. Well I just saw this over on XDA so it's too late to check for sure today but I will be testing in the morning. If someone on the East Coast could confirm before I wake up i'd appreciate it :)

If you want to see just goto Radioshacks site it's on the main page and if you click into a S3 it will say $149.99

The Radio Shacks in Houston supposedly don't have the white GS3s...given that technically...they're not the same, would Best Buy still price match with a blue GS3 from Radio Shack.

Say you go into Best Buy...get the white one there because Radio Shack doesn't have them. Don't know if this is due to an timed-exclusivity type deal or what...and Best Buy knowing this....they're not forced to price-match with a blue GS3 that Radio Shack stocks and sells for $150.

For those folks that bought the blue one at Best Buy...obviously you're good to go. But do folks that bought the white one have the same ability?

Hope I explained myself correctly. :confused:

onslaught460

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

I can confirm this works in nyc. I just got back after getting my $50 refunded to my card from best buy.

Reactions: irock1985

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

Bout to go check this out hopefully they do it at the BB I went to.

DefinedByClass13

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Is Sprint the only store that allows same account cross-upgrades without any sort of ETF fee? I think I'll go to Radioshack to get this phone, but if Best Buy has it in white and will price match, then I'll go there. The only thing is, I'll be using my girlfriend's upgrade (under same family account) to upgrade my phone.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Is Sprint the only store that allows same account cross-upgrades without any sort of ETF fee? I think I'll go to Radioshack to get this phone, but if Best Buy has it in white and will price match, then I'll go there. The only thing is, I'll be using my girlfriend's upgrade (under same family account) to upgrade my phone.

You'll have to upgrade hers and then switch it to ur line as far as I know.. Except in sprint stores

Sent from my Sprint GS3

bhj83

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy will take care of this. I had to use another lines upgrade and had no issues at BB.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site

What did you bring in to BB to prove that Radio Shack is selling these for $150?

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
What did you bring in to BB to prove that Radio Shack is selling these for $150?

tell them to look it up on the radio shack website and if they need to they can call any local radio shack and verify

Im on my way there now

Sent from my Sprint GS3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress