Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can you sync outlook tasks with the new s3?

Wanted to see if this was possible?
    Thanks.

Default Re: Can you sync outlook tasks with the new s3?

Me too. Guess I'll find out tonight...

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

You can indeed.

-Skip

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

I have the task sync on for my Exchange account, but they don't seem to sync. I'm unsure/not really interested in looking up how resolve the issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by skipm View Post
    You can indeed.

-Skip
    I thought Android didn't have a Task app? (thinking To-Do type items, not software tasks).

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm a Berry user just researching other options so Android is new to me. Thinking about an S3 though.

TIA - R.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster99 View Post
    I thought Android didn't have a Task app? (thinking To-Do type items, not software tasks).

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm a Berry user just researching other options so Android is new to me. Thinking about an S3 though.

TIA - R.

Anyone???

- R.

Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

My Outlook tasks on my work email (exchange server) do sync to my Calendar app task list.

which app are you guys using to sync with outlook? what task apps are there?

Yes, I had the identical problem. You can sync Outlook Tasks with Android's Calendar app. First, you need to go to Settings - Accounts and sync under "Personal". Then click on the email associated with your Microsoft Exchange Account. Once synced, then you open the Calendar App - click the < to bring up the > "Task" menu on the right hand side of the screen (bottom heading).
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Cpeele View Post
    Yes, I had the identical problem. You can sync Outlook Tasks with Android's Calendar app. First, you need to go to Settings - Accounts and sync under "Personal". Then click on the email associated with your Microsoft Exchange Account. Once synced, then you open the Calendar App - click the < to bring up the > "Task" menu on the right hand side of the screen (bottom heading).
    there is also a calendar task widget that just shows the tasks.

What I would love to do is have the stock calendar app just show outlook appointments and the task widget show tasks which it currently does.

Is there a way to remove the tasks from the calendar view?

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Use Touchdown, it syncs everything. Not cheap but worth every penny.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cpeele View Post
    Hey, this is excellent! I have been looking for a way to see and use my synch'd Exchange Tasks.

Question: Does anyone know a way to create a shortcut to just the Tasks screen or portion of this app? I recently came from a S2 and there was a standalone, stock I believe, app for Exchange Tasks. From what I can see in the S3 Calendar Tasks Widget is too watered down.

No. As far as I know, Kies can sync Outlook Contacts, Calendar, but not Notes, and Tasks.

- - - Updated - - -

No. As far as I know, Kies can sync Outlook Contacts, Calendar, but not Notes, and Tasks.

I've been using SymTasks. It syncs Outlook tasks directly over wifi or usb, works well.

It is very easy.
    Just run the S Planner widget.
    Run Kies and connect your phone to your PC then click on the sync on the PC.
    The Outlook calender is updated into S planner. I also believe the contact list is also updated.

I click on the auto sync option so when the phone is connected with Kies it updates it all without any further input.

Very easy although I cannot remember if - or what - I had to do initially to get it all started.
    I think I just had to choose what calender I was using on my PC.

Nothing could be easier when it is running.

I can't find any sync options anywhere. Where should it be?

Quote Originally Posted by myet01 View Post
    Use Touchdown, it syncs everything. Not cheap but worth every penny.
    Agreed.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2.

[QUOTE=msoprano13;2024764]there is also a calendar task widget that just shows the tasks.

What is the calendar task widget that just shows the tasks? I want to get my desktop Gmail/Google Calendar tasks to sync on my Nexus 7, and if possible without using a full-on task manager app. Plain vanilla Google does all the task management I need on my desktop - it's a pity if it can't do it on Android.

I'm synchronizing S3 mini with Outlook 2010 using Kies 2.5.
    Contacts and calendar are synch ok. But synch tasks is a bit strange. New tasks are alwasy synchronized. If I modify existing task on S3 mini is also modified in Outlook. But if I modify it in Outlook it is not modified on S3.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by umpirerob View Post
    Agreed.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2.

+1
    Exchange mail with Touchdown works great. Be nice to see a GUI update.

Just use Evernote....

It attaches to Outlook as well. You will have your tasks in a cloud, your phone, outlook, web login, and desktop client if need be.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

My phone stopped syncing again. Is anyone having this problem again and how do i correct it?

Thank you

Hi, I have heard "use Evernote" from several others. I have Evernote but when I open it and look for an area for "task management" there is only a simple "note" area. How do you manage a set of related tasks using Evernote?

Appreciate your enlightenment,

Nic Even

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    which app are you guys using to sync with outlook? what task apps are there?
    I ended up using VCOrganizer. I really like it.

- R.

Quote Originally Posted by niceven View Post
    Hi, I have heard "use Evernote" from several others. I have Evernote but when I open it and look for an area for "task management" there is only a simple "note" area. How do you manage a set of related tasks using Evernote?

Appreciate your enlightenment,

Nic Even
    Evernote doesn't have a special Task app - the key is organizing native Evernote functionality to manage Tasks. www.thesecretweapon.org had a great description of how to do this using a GTD-like methodology, but it looks like the web site might be down. Hopefully that is just temporary - it was really good. But if you go to the Evernote forums and search for GTD there are lots of posts. There's also an "official" guide on setting up GTD using Evernote (it's $10 but would be well worth it I'd imagine!) : https://secure.davidco.com/store/cat...ZE-p-16953.php

Good luck with this!

- R.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast