Slow to get back to the home screen?

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
So my gf got the Samsung Galaxy SIII yesterday, and damn it's an amazing phone. I have the SII and am kinda jealous that I have to wait another year for an upgrade. Oh well, I guess that's how things go.

Anyways, I wanted to see if any of you were getting this issue. Her phone is super fast in almost every way, but when she's in an app and she clicks on the physical button it takes a good second or two to get back to the home screen. I wonder if this has to do with animations or something? Just doesn't seem like it should be lagging in any way. Anyone else see this? Know how to fix it? Thanks!

PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have this issue on my Incredible running ICS. I found that the Apex launcher made it a bit better but I think it's something in the OS.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

devilsushi

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
If you like S voice but rather not deal with the lag, you could try leaving a shortcut on the lock screen.

Settings > Security >Lock Screen Options > Shortcuts.

By doing this and disabling the launch option in S voice you would reduce the lag but retain the accessibility by sacrificing some real estate on the lock screen.

Last edited:

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
If you like S voice but rather not deal with the lag, you could try leaving a shortcut on the lock screen.

Settings > Security >Lock Screen Options > Shortcuts.

By doing this and disabling the launch option in S voice you would reduce the lag but retain the accessibility buy sacrificing some real estate on the lock screen.

Great suggestion! I was actually wondering how to change those lock screen shortcuts so that helped me a lot even if I don't put that icon in. :)

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Just got my new phone yesterday and it is so fast and it takes me no time to get to the home screen.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Sergiy Byelozyorov

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
For me getting to home screen was taking 5-6 seconds. Overall the phone was slow too. I figured that it was due to Energy Saving Mode that I had always enabled. I guess it disables some CPU cores to preserve power. Disable it and you'll get your phone running blazingly fast (at a cost of some energy).

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You can also switch to Nova Launcher, which, in addition to being a great launcher, it allows you to put up to 5 operations on your lock screen, among many other great features.