I am getting disgusting quadrant/antutu scores...

Simpleman115

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I am getting very poor benchmark scores on my galaxy s3. On Antutu I'm getting a 4586 and on Quadrant I am getting a total of 3185 (cpu 4939,mem. 4550, i/o 3759, 2d 809 and 3d 1868.

Am I performing the tests incorrectly? Or rather what is the correct way to perform this benchmark. This is all stock.

Simpleman115

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Bad scores in sunspider (relative to scores I've seen of similar models). I am not running in powersaver and I cleared all running applications and ram. I even reset my phone but I am getting consistently low scores.

Simpleman115

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I demand bragging rights! Seriously speaking though similar models with the same hardware/software and conditions should perform on par with at least a degree of variability. We purchased 3 of the same phone and the other two have scores that are on par with the score's I have seen online. Maybe it may not mean anything in real world performance but I just want to make sure that I am getting what I payed for. I'm happy with the phone but I want to make sure she's top notch and no lemon.

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Am I performing the tests incorrectly? Or rather what is the correct way to perform this benchmark. This is all stock.

1)turn off power saving mode
2) shut off sync, bluetooth, and GPS
3) make sure you restart the phone and don't launch any other programs before running the tests

see if that helps increase the scores

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed on the gs3 that if you let the phone sit idle for a while it runs quadrant much better. Cooler = better scores.

Simpleman115

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I gave that a try, to the extreme of shutting it down to let it cool and restarting it to run the benchmarks while laying next to a cooling fan. I even rooted it so I could set the clock speed strictly at 1.5 ghz just in case it was scaling down for some reason. Oy, the other two we have perform on par with what I've seen so I think I'm just going to go exchange this one for a new one.

https://plus.google.com/photos/1121...ms/5763795709630672129?authkey=CNyaxuvHmsjBfw

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I think someone else was getting similarly low scores. I think he did a reset and the quadrant score jump to 5000.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Simpleman115

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Alright I reset it before but I'll try one last time as an act of good faith. I have grown so attached to little Anabelle and it will be a shame to see her go.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
You'll get rid of a phone just because it doesn't do well on a benchmark test? How does it perform in your everyday use though?

Simpleman115

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes sir, but I like to look at it like this. If you bought a Ferrari that is advertised as being able to accelerate from 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds but you find that in your experience it takes 7. Sure the phone works fine, I like ICS and the phone runs programs well, but when I see that it runs slower than the other two we own I would prefer to exchange it.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Yes sir, but I like to look at it like this. If you bought a Ferrari that is advertised as being able to accelerate from 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds but you find that in your experience it takes 7. Sure the phone works fine, I like ICS and the phone runs programs well, but when I see that it runs slower than the other two we own I would prefer to exchange it.

To each his own I guess :)

Dave_k605

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know benchmarks came with these darn fingers of mine... learn something new every day.

next time you want to be a smart ass, come with something strong.

I'm guessing you don't know the meaning of real world use/performance, am I wrong to guess you run multiple benches a month in hopes your phone is still fitting in on a scoring system that is easily manipulated.

Sent from my SCH-I500