Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I am getting disgusting quadrant/antutu scores...

I am getting very poor benchmark scores on my galaxy s3. On Antutu I'm getting a 4586 and on Quadrant I am getting a total of 3185 (cpu 4939,mem. 4550, i/o 3759, 2d 809 and 3d 1868.

Am I performing the tests incorrectly? Or rather what is the correct way to perform this benchmark. This is all stock.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: I am getting disgusting quadrant/antutu scores...

Bad scores in sunspider (relative to scores I've seen of similar models). I am not running in powersaver and I cleared all running applications and ram. I even reset my phone but I am getting consistently low scores.

what do these scores mean in real world tests anyway? bragging rights?

My finger can determine how well my phone performs much more accurate than a app can. I
    KingGinger55 and Wicell like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I demand bragging rights! Seriously speaking though similar models with the same hardware/software and conditions should perform on par with at least a degree of variability. We purchased 3 of the same phone and the other two have scores that are on par with the score's I have seen online. Maybe it may not mean anything in real world performance but I just want to make sure that I am getting what I payed for. I'm happy with the phone but I want to make sure she's top notch and no lemon.
    Rstgo likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_k605 View Post
    My finger can determine how well my phone performs much more accurate than a app can.
    I didn't know benchmarks came with these darn fingers of mine... learn something new every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleman115 View Post

Am I performing the tests incorrectly? Or rather what is the correct way to perform this benchmark. This is all stock.
    1)turn off power saving mode
    2) shut off sync, bluetooth, and GPS
    3) make sure you restart the phone and don't launch any other programs before running the tests

see if that helps increase the scores

Quote Originally Posted by hoovhartid View Post
    1)turn off power saving mode
    2) shut off sync, bluetooth, and GPS
    3) make sure you restart the phone and don't launch any other programs before running the tests

see if that helps increase the scores

what as the point of quoting the same thing? lol.

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Retired Ambassador

I have noticed on the gs3 that if you let the phone sit idle for a while it runs quadrant much better. Cooler = better scores.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I gave that a try, to the extreme of shutting it down to let it cool and restarting it to run the benchmarks while laying next to a cooling fan. I even rooted it so I could set the clock speed strictly at 1.5 ghz just in case it was scaling down for some reason. Oy, the other two we have perform on par with what I've seen so I think I'm just going to go exchange this one for a new one.

I think someone else was getting similarly low scores. I think he did a reset and the quadrant score jump to 5000.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clocks View Post
    I'm sorry, but that made me LOL!
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Alright I reset it before but I'll try one last time as an act of good faith. I have grown so attached to little Anabelle and it will be a shame to see her go.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Nope, didn't work.

Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

You'll get rid of a phone just because it doesn't do well on a benchmark test? How does it perform in your everyday use though?

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Yes sir, but I like to look at it like this. If you bought a Ferrari that is advertised as being able to accelerate from 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds but you find that in your experience it takes 7. Sure the phone works fine, I like ICS and the phone runs programs well, but when I see that it runs slower than the other two we own I would prefer to exchange it.

Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Yes sir, but I like to look at it like this. If you bought a Ferrari that is advertised as being able to accelerate from 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds but you find that in your experience it takes 7. Sure the phone works fine, I like ICS and the phone runs programs well, but when I see that it runs slower than the other two we own I would prefer to exchange it.
    To each his own I guess

Rstgo likes this.

I didn't know benchmarks came with these darn fingers of mine... learn something new every day.
    next time you want to be a smart ***, come with something strong.

I'm guessing you don't know the meaning of real world use/performance, am I wrong to guess you run multiple benches a month in hopes your phone is still fitting in on a scoring system that is easily manipulated.

Sent from my SCH-I500

Those low scores are NOT normal. If you truly have turned off all background sync type apps/items and booted fresh and clean, and even reset the device I too would return it! There might be something bad in there that is allowing the phone to still function ok but at a decreased performance. Mine always scores above the One X.

Rev.
    Last edited by Rev2010; 07-14-2012 at 06:13 PM.
    Galaxy S3
    Ubuntu Linux 10.04
    IT Tech
    Thanked by:

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_k605 View Post
    next time you want to be a smart ***, come with something strong.

I'm guessing you don't know the meaning of real world use/performance, am I wrong to guess you run multiple benches a month in hopes your phone is still fitting in on a scoring system that is easily manipulated.

Sent from my SCH-I500
    Even though its true that the score on a benchmark means nothing by themselves, but if you are running completely stock, and there is a known average score for the stock device, than its a good way to see if your device is running like it should. I mean these things are mass produced, its possible that yours might not be up to snuff or defective.
    Rstgo likes this.

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 10 alpha 2

i just googling by now and clicked on this search.. i read your post and i find it impossible.. why would sgs3 score only 4000? on quadrant getting 3100 is very nice i think..
    my friend's sgs3, with live wallpaper on scored 8000 to 9000. when the powersave is off, it scores 12000...

I am having the same problem with my GS3 . It's scoring between 3000-3500. The CPU whas low ( 3335 ) compared with what I've seen online . I turned the Sync off and restared it and the it went up to 5500 . Hope it stays this way !

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    I have noticed on the gs3 that if you let the phone sit idle for a while it runs quadrant much better. Cooler = better scores.
    I've run quadrant 2 sets (3 times each) of times now and both times the 2nd run was highest. 1st set went 5941, 6127, 6122 and the 2nd set went 5823, 5996, 5936. I think both times the phone had been used modestly leading up to.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast