Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

Default Total Equipment Protection app -- anyone been got it for Sprint?

So, I've used this app quite a few times with my OG EVO. I downloaded it onto my S III but I am told the venison is not compatible with my device.

I'm prompted to enter my phone number after visiting www.sprint.com/protection to get a URL. The URL simply re-directs me to the app store to the existing version to install.

Has anyone been able to get the TEP app from Sprint to run on their SIII's?

Default Re: Total Equipment Protection app -- anyone been got it for Spri

That app is crap. I recommend staying away from it

I'm afraid to install it. I tend to root and install custom roms and somehow, I don't think it would be a good idea to install this app on my phone. I don't trust that the location of my phone is the only thing it would be looking for. I may be being a bit paranoid but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I use Cerberus. It's not free but it does so much more as a phone finder app and it's worth the small one time fee.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cerberus&hl=en
    Last edited by robnelle; 07-08-2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: grammar

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

Total equipment protection app isnt available for the s3 yet. I keep looking but it wont let me download it from Google Play. The tep app works very good btw, have it on all my sprint devices

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

I got the phone from BB & got their Geeksquad protection for $169/- for the whole 2 years. Covers all except for loss/theft. (they have an app that tracks your device & they will retrieve it for you if its stolen/lost as well.). No other fee nor a $100/- or $150/- deductible.

G'luck
    M
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

I installed Lookout until Sprint gets their act together. Sprints TEP app is licensed from Lookout.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I have it on my EVO LTE. It works. I did have the GS Plan but if the phone breaks they send it off. With Sprint it's repaired locally or replaced the next day. Yes there is a deductible if it's replaced but it's cheaper than buying a new phone of the same make.