Update #2 L710VPLG2

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
3ffa8662-4218-5f7d.jpg

Just received this. I haven't downloaded because I'm rooted.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I got my notification and chose the install now option. It failed because I had CWM installed. Doh! I forgot to remove CWM.

So, I uninstalled CWM, unrooted and went back to the stock recovery. Now the Device Status is: normal.

However, I can't get the device to find the update when checking Update Samsung Software.

When I reverted to the stock recovery using this method, it went back to PALF9 with a date of Wednesday May 23. Before I installed CWM and used EpicTeam's recovery last week, the phone was updated had a date of June 28.

Any ideas?

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Got my GS3 in the mail this morning and it updated. Now it is saying there is another update. Was the first update a previous and this one is the newest?

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting for the rooted version, but the update keeps popping up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

robflynn

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Might just be a coincidence, but I grabbed the update while sitting here at work. I always fluctuate between 2 or 3 bars of service at my desk. Now that I pulled down the update and restarted I have 5 - 6 bars.

Again, I cannot confirm that the two are related, but I know for a fact my phone has never gone above 3 bars while sitting here. Would be cool if they improved something with regards to signal reception.

Disturbd1

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I got my notification and chose the install now option. It failed because I had CWM installed. Doh! I forgot to remove CWM.

So, I uninstalled CWM, unrooted and went back to the stock recovery. Now the Device Status is: normal.

However, I can't get the device to find the update when checking Update Samsung Software.

When I reverted to the stock recovery using this method, it went back to PALF9 with a date of Wednesday May 23. Before I installed CWM and used EpicTeam's recovery last week, the phone was updated had a date of June 28.

Any ideas?

Once you get CWM back on, you should see the zip file it saves on the root of the phone storage from within CWM Recovery. I'm sure the end of the filename will have the "LG2" in it. Several experienced what you described when LF9 was pushed, and most of us had jumped the gun with rooting first. Hope that helps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2