Update #2 L710VPLG2

texaskj07

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
If you got used to this feature, its a pain in the butt to lose it, especially that if you want to search contacts, you have to go into contacts, then search, versus just using the global search

to fix it, install GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk

here is that file

thanks for the fix glad to have that functionality back

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the link but it does not search my contacts like the original search did before the update.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
So you are telling me that when you open up Google search and put and contact name in there it will show the contract name? Please let me know what you did to get that to work.

Sent from my white, sexy S3.

exactly..

To get it to work, i updated, then i installed the .apk i uploaded earlier in this thread and it worked automatically

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Glad to see a resolution. I'm moving from WebOS to Android at the beginning of August and I would miss the ability to search for contacts/apps/and web at the same time.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
If the update only affects us negatively then should I hold out? Will it eventually update it for me automatically? I don't even think I downloaded the first update let alone the second. Lol.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
If you got used to this feature, its a pain in the butt to lose it, especially that if you want to search contacts, you have to go into contacts, then search, versus just using the global search

here is that file

Does this apk work for other devices or just for the GS3? Eventually all deviced with get this "update", and people will want a fix. I'm expecting it on my Sprint Galaxy Nexus any day now.

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Is this fix only for rooted phones? My company pays for my phone and we use Good for Enterprise and it checks for root or not before you can use it. In other words, I cannot root my phone.

tomkind80

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

here is that file

If I knew where you were, I would kiss you on the mouth! Literally a million thank yous!

Is this fix only for rooted phones? My company pays for my phone and we use Good for Enterprise and it checks for root or not before you can use it. In other words, I cannot root my phone.

I'm not rooted and it worked perfectly. Only thing was I had to download from my PC and send to my phone as it didnt work when I dl'd it via Chrome browser on phone.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Does this apk work for other devices or just for the GS3? Eventually all deviced with get this "update", and people will want a fix. I'm expecting it on my Sprint Galaxy Nexus any day now.

I'm not sure. I don't have another device to try it on. Sorry

Can't get the fix to work. At the risk of sounding like a complete moron can someone walk me through it please?

Look at post #47

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude