Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Music player on lock screen?

So I'm wondering if anyone has an idea on how or if it is possible to get the music player in the lockscreen? I came from the Evo 4g and when I workout, I listen to music. And with Evo the music player shows up on the lockscreen with it's widget functions. I haven't been able to find out if the SGSIII has this option.
    Thanks for the help.
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I use the amazon player and it shows up on the lock screen, volume buttons work, can skip forward, reverse and pause... haven't loaded any music locally yet as I stream if I can.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Music player on lock screen?

if you dont use any security feature to lock your phone, if you have your music playing, it shows up in the notification bar and you can pull that down from the lock screen
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by bojackson View Post
    if you dont use any security feature to lock your phone, if you have your music playing, it shows up in the notification bar and you can pull that down from the lock screen
    Thanks for the news. This is an interesting work around. I will have to try it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,961 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

You can download a widget for music on go locker or (one that is more popular) widget locker. Either one should work. Go locker is free though so I suggest trying that one first

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts

Default Re: Music player on lock screen?

I use WIDGET LOCKER, and it is very useful. It is a paid app, but it is one of the few I deemed worthy of paying for. You can put ANY widget on your lock screen at virtually ANY size. Plus you can have a bunch of different types of lock screens to choose from (water drop is interesting, but doesn't pack enough on for me).

I put a widget for GMusic (streaming music), MortPlayer (audiobooks), Mixzing (SD music when connection is flaky) and PocketCasts (for podcasts) all on my lock screen without issue.

Just something to check out.

K--