Totally unscientific results: Samsung's last update improved...

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
My battery life and signal strength. I sit in the exact same spot in mycondo and would about 50% of the bars would light up. It's been this waysince I got the phone on the 2nd.

As of the update I applied yesterday, I am at 75% bars or more.

Battery life: I had it fully charged and took it to work today. Played musicin the car using Poweramp, used Wifi tethering on the train commute into work,used the camera, browser, etc. In short, the same usage. What I call moderateto heavy usage. The battery indicator would turn yellow every single day since I got the phone.

Today, I made it home with 56% left on the meter. :)

As my subject says, this is completely unscientific, but I can comfortablysay that both battery and signal strength has improved substantially.

Has anyone else noticed improvement reception or battery life since applying the update?

Edit: Not sure if this post should go into the S III general forum or the Sprint forum.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I would say you posted in an acceptable place. I can't say about the battery yet but my phone and wifi are better by 2 full bars on both. My daughters got the update before me and she has noticed the same.

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Totally unscientific results: Samsung's last update improved.

I forgot to mention wireless connectivity! It's improved by a factor of at least 50%!

I have wireless routers setup at work on the 6th floor.

Pre-update, I was not able to connect to the wireless routers from a long distance.

Post-update, I was pleasantly surprised that my S III connected to the wireless routers hundreds of feet away when in the past, no connectivity. I didn't expect it as I was quite far from my building.

As I was waiting for my train this evening standing at the same spot I do everyday, I couldn't believe I saw the "Connected to xxx" notification appear! It did not connect yesterday.