Samsung or Sony Camera Sensor?

carlos516x

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a Blue 32gb S3 with the Samsung Camera sensor denoted by the ZD firmware. I swapped the phone and it also came with the ZD firmware. I'm starting to think all Blue 32GB models have the lesser quality Samsung camera sensor versus the Sony.

Can some folks please reply and post the camera firmware they have along with the color/size of their S3?

You can check your firmware version by typing *#34971539# in the phone dialer, then click Phone/CAM FW Ver Check at the top.

carlos516x

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the posts thus far. I wonder if any Sprint variants have GD version. I am also very unimpressed with the Camera in low light. I can't recall how the EVO LTE performed under the same conditions. I especially noticed how crappy it was when I was at a restaurant with my girlfriend. We were eating outside at night surrounded by low lighting. My pics in auto mode were really really dark. The pics in "night mode" were bright but very noises. I took the same pics with her iphone 4s and the results were infinitely better, sharper, and brighter... little noise... It kinda depressed me at that point.

Ngmasterj

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the posts thus far. I wonder if any Sprint variants have GD version. I am also very unimpressed with the Camera in low light. I can't recall how the EVO LTE performed under the same conditions. I especially noticed how crappy it was when I was at a restaurant with my girlfriend. We were eating outside at night surrounded by low lighting. My pics in auto mode were really really dark. The pics in "night mode" were bright but very noises. I took the same pics with her iphone 4s and the results were infinitely better, sharper, and brighter... little noise... It kinda depressed me at that point.

Well, in my experience, the EVO LTE that I had for two weeks was worse. It for some reason could not lock on a focus up-close, it would just keep refocusing. Pictures were blurry if I took a picture of anything that even slightly moved. The pictures had less noise on the Evo, but they would get cropped and shrunken down it's original resolution. The ZD version sucks, but I wouldn't say it's worse than the Evo LTE's. Maybe on par, slightly better/slightly worse than the iPhone 4s depending on conditions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy