all u webos converts here, have you tried switcher

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.vitocassisi.switcher&hl=en&token=1POu5sWI
I know alot of us miss app switching by swiping left or right in the gesture area. This works just like the advanced gesture app switching. I installed on my s3 and it works really really well for a beta. Try it. Keep an eye on it, it looks like a keeper. runs so smooth. you can pick which apps switch or all the open apps that switch.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
tried this. I could be an idiot but Idk what the hell that was. How do you use it? Where do I start the gesture? Could my case be in the way?

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Start the gesture on the upper half of the screen. Left to right or right to left edge. Yeah your case my be affecting.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Dazo

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Poor webOS, I still get a random tease here n there for saying they'd be the next big thing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ct1

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Instead of region, should use multi-finger swipe to change apps.
1 finger operates on the current app. 2 or 3 finger swipe switch app.

trunkmonkey1972

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Poor webOS, I still get a random tease here n there for saying they'd be the next big thing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Haha. Boy do I feel your pain. I was a militant supporter and probably very annoying. Handling my friend's iPhone 3GS was so embarrassingly impressive, yet I wouldn't admit it. Original Pre, representing yo! However there are things I still miss and was so excited to see this post. Purchased wave launcher right away and love it.

Mavoz

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Another old loyal webos user here...stuck with them until they were pronounced dead...

Am loving all the extra power and features of my new S3...but boy do I miss the old cards multitasking! (Long pressing the home button is soooo slow by comparison with webos)

Over at Android forums I asked a similar question and was recommended swipepad app

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/583719-faster-app-switching-s3.html

Whilst different to webos..it is a big improvement on the stock S3 experience for app switching.

Shall look at Wave launcher too..(never did really use this method on webos..but might be a winner on Android.)

Thanks.

Reactions: mc_gusto

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Another old loyal webos user here...stuck with them until they were pronounced dead...

Am loving all the extra power and features of my new S3...but boy do I miss the old cards multitasking! (Long pressing the home button is soooo slow by comparison with webos)

Over at Android forums I asked a similar question and was recommended swipepad app

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/583719-faster-app-switching-s3.html

Whilst different to webos..it is a big improvement on the stock S3 experience for app switching.

Shall look at Wave launcher too..(never did really use this method on webos..but might be a winner on Android.)

Thanks.

Thanks for the link. Swipe pad and smart taskbar were ok but I guess it just wasn't what I was looking for. Plus they seem like they will drain the battery. Instead of holding the home button down for the multitasking I wish I could double tap the menu button

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
First link in first post is dead, and I couldn't search it in the Play Store. Thanks for the other 2 tips...I'll have to check them out later when I get a lull at work later today. I've been enjoying my SGS3 experience to date. My only complaint, so far, has been solved by a 32GB memory card.

wilder_jw

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I love my GSIII, but if I could get the Android power, features, and apps with the webOS cards and gestures, I could die happy. Those of you that take ribbing, don't sweat it ... a *lot* of what's in the GSIII is cribbed from webOS, and I guarantee that eventually the standard smartphone GUI will be cards and stacks. And probably gestures, though by then in open air, rather than against a screen ...

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I remember when the Palm Pre came out.... it had almost the same fanfare that the Sammy GS3 had.
The plam Pre was like crack, you just couldn't get enough....2 months later, I'd go to the palm pre forums, and hear crickets...
Felt like a fool, lol