answer command for answering calls not working?

maxima2k53

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
When you go to language input and you go to "Voice cmd for apps", there's a feature in incoming calls where when you supposedly get a call you can answer or reject the call by saying the voice commands "Answer" and "Reject". Problem is, I've already tried it and its not working.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have not used it but I assume its like the feature to say next when playing music as in it doesn't really work because the mic cannot hear you properly over the sound of the ringtone

Sent from my Sprint GS3

maxima2k53

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I have not used it but I assume its like the feature to say next when playing music as in it doesn't really work because the mic cannot hear you properly over the sound of the ringtone

Sent from my Sprint GS3

So then you have to pretty much have the ringer low for it to hear you?

mrsimps

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I use it. And I have a pattern lock enabled. You have to speak somewhat forcefully. Sometimes it doesn't register on the first command, but if you say it a second time, it will usually get it.

thomasmarcgodskid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
This was working for me and I loved it - now all of a sudden it stopped working. The Camera, Alarm, & Music player voice commands all still work, just not the answering/rejecting call commands.

Anyone have any ideas???

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Not working for me either. Music player command is hit or miss. Updated it a week ago and still not working but i didn't try it before the update so i don't know if the issue was there before the update. Any solution as of yet???

poopie35

May 24, 2012
Visit site
how does the voice commands work for the music player, camera and everything else i knew it worked for the phone as in rejecting calls but the other things i had no clue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, please help need to know more ,,,,,, THNXS

tallguy2682

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I found the same thing. the voice commands dont work unless the phone is on SILENT. this is not cool though because if your phone is on silent you probably want to be quiet...lol so talking to your phone is counterproductive. Anyway, yes, it works it just has to be able to hear you. I dont know how they intend on having it work with music if the mic cant even hear your voice.

dea30

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Or if you have two kids and hands full... It's easier to screen something to answer them to have the phone smacked out of your hand as you try unlocking!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

30glock

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Unless JB removed this option...It is no longer under language and Input..You can find it in Voice app.. Phone must not be set vibrate

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I just tried out all these new commands. The Alarm works great! Camera too. and music! The calls is kinda pointless! I had my ringtone on and I pretty much screamed ANSWER and it wouldn't work. I know when the commands work cuz you get notifications on the top of ur screen. The only way the phone commands work is if the phone is on silent! HOW CAN WE FIX THIS!!!

dramn559

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Double tap the home button when the s voice screen comes up hit the settings (left of home button) when the settings comes up tap it.. scroll down to (control apps) check the answer reject/answer ..... note. the ringer vibrate has to be off .. will not work if vibrate is on. also when recive a call at the top of ur phone u will see instruction for reject or answer call (a way to know if its working) this is the same for the note note2 and s3

Last edited:

spece

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Just tried it turning vibrate off. Never had tried that before. Wouldn't have expected that to matter. But it did work. All I can say is "what a miserable useless feature". In order for it to work, I have to disable incoming call notifications? Fantastic! Wonder what the developers were smoking when they came up with this great feature.

fits87

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Here is the thing, as little as I know so far......
Apparently there is been only one bug that needs to be fixed in this 4.1.2 update for the galaxy s3.

Just like others have just said the ANSWER command works when the phone is on silent OR in this case if you uncheck the box in SOUNDS that says Sound and Vibration, that way it does work, but sucks that whenever u have a call or message it wont vibrate but you will be able to use the voice command and have a ringtone.
So, it is annoying but there is nothing to be done, except to take it to the nearest Samsung Tech Representative to have a software downgrade to the 4.1.1 and keep using the previous software until the bug is fixed, or suck it up and not being able to use the voice command to answer your calls. :'(

I have reported this bug to SAMSUNG Mexico, hopefully in not such a looooong time (which they will take Im sadly sure) they?ll fix it. but still it is a nuisance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae