Driving Mode Toggle for Sprint GS III

schulzjt

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I noticed in a GS3 phone review that other GS3's have a "Driving Mode" Toggle in their Notification Panel. Why do the Sprint GS3's not have this feature? And can we get it without rooting the phone?
Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-Notification-Panel-2-168x300.png

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Heck, the only way I found to turn on/off driving mode is to go into S voice and say "turn on/off driving mode". Is there another way?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Get an NFC Tectile for your car and configure it to toggle driving mode.

Why in the world woud I do that when I can turn on BT and say "phone commands", activates S voice and wait for beep, "turn on driving mode" and it's activated?

I was just curious if there was a different way on the phone to toggle it.

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Settings, language and input, text-to-speech output, driving mode.
Yeah we need a toggle

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Gator352

TN Gweilo

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Samsung SCH-R530U aka the SGS3 for US Cellular is also missing this toggle although it is on the older Samsungs like the Axiom for US Cellular SCH r-830. I have yet to discover a way to make a setting shortcut to the s, l& i, T to S, driving. If anyone finds an app that will go this deep into settings or at least shortcut to Language and Input, please share. Thanks!

TN Gweilo

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Thank you. I found that widget also after my own post above. See below.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.arnab.drivingmode&token=Z4uN9xfM

I found the above widget that works on the US Cellular SGS3 phone also. It does read out the time each time locked, it reads incoming texts, and phone call ids. However, it's on the phone speaker so volume must be turned up. The widget takes you directly to the settings etc spot to turn it on and off, so a little quicker to do than manually. This phone keeps the widget and there is no persistant green light on my phone (this type) at all. Hope this works for others. PS I couldn't find the paid version that affects bluetooth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci