Stock weather widget

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So, I?m using the stock weather widget that came pre-installed on the phone. Should the city that it displays weather for be updating automatically to where ever I am? Right now it never changes from the city I live in. The stock weather widget from my old HTC EVO would automatically update its location.

msp-droid

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
yeah it should. i know it can store multiple locations though and if you (i think) swipe up on the widget it switches between cities. one of the ones in the lists should be current location, i think it changes a little icon somewhere on the widget when in this mode.

gravitykiller

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. All of the appropriate things are checked I believe (enable current location, etc.). Even when I hit the update button manually on the widget it won't change locations.

Anyone found a fix?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I noticed with the accuweather widgets, you have to have GPS on in order for it to auto locate.

It might be different for others but that has always been the case for me.

ET Guy

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed the same challenge - both on the G III and on an EVO 4G LTE. The common denominator - other than me - was the Accuweather App. On both devices, GPS was on constantly and although I did load other cities, I left the "current locale" enabled so as to change as I traveled. Needless to say - no such luck. If anyone finds a solution, please post. But I'm guessing the solution is to replace the stock app/widget with something else.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
425743ba-4115-d6aa.jpg

425743ba-4126-4325.jpg

425743ba-4130-9b46.jpg

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks stas.

I’ve got mine set up exactly the same but my current city does not update to my current location. For example, I live in A Town but work 8 miles away in B Town. When I’m at work, shouldn’t the widget say I’m in B Town? Mine still says I’m in A Town.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks stas.

I?ve got mine set up exactly the same but my current city does not update to my current location. For example, I live in A Town but work 8 miles away in B Town. When I?m at work, shouldn?t the widget say I?m in B Town? Mine still says I?m in A Town.

Maybe your phone is stuck on the tower in town A? Update profile and prl and see what happens.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue and just gave up on that widget. Besides, the clock font isn't even Roboto. Now using Beautiful Widgets; cities update properly, and the font of my chosen theme is exactly like the notification bar's.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie