I am devistated without Universal Search!

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Are there any hopes for an independent APP? I almost feel that Samsung misrepresented the device!

How did Samsung misrepresent the device? Did they tout the universal search on their ads? Did they promise universal search? Is universal search listed as a key Galaxy S3 function?
Make sure you know what misrepresent means.
You'll survive and thrive without it. The sun WILL rise tomorrow.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
How did Samsung misrepresent the device? Did they tout the universal search on their ads? Did they promise universal search? Is universal search listed as a key Galaxy S3 function?
Make sure you know what misrepresent means.
You'll survive and thrive without it. The sun WILL rise tomorrow.

Ya didn't see any ads or want in the list of features.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this is a non issue - people have already been overwriting the search.apk with a downloaded one, or that google quick search one in the thread Skunkape linked to ;)

Rev.

Oldoobie

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So just to answer a stupid question - I walked into the branch and the sales rep showed me the feature and I purchased it. I will try the fix, of course.

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Jelly Bean update will bring universal search back? Is Google Now different enough from Apple's implementation to allow it back in?

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Before Sprint updated the phone, search looked at everything, apps, contacts, etc. Now it just searches the Internet.