Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Default Re: How do you remove Picasa albums from phone

Finally figured this out after hours of messing around. Basically the size of the file it shows in the album is not true. The files shown and the size of the file are not on your phone, they are showing the size of the files held in Picasa. If you want proof them hold down the home key for 2 seconds and look at the storage on your phone. You will them notice that the storage used on yourphone does not include the files that you see in your gallery. ..... In other words your gallery is simply showing you the size of the file held in Picasa. .. Not on your phone.
    This is very confusing and I have no idea why Samsung have set it up like this but you don't need to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by greige View Post
    Make sure the synching for the Picasa albums is still off, then go into Settings > Application manager. Select the All tab, find Gallery and hit the Clear data button. Next time you open the Gallery, it will take a moment to rebuild it but the Picasa albums should finally be gone.
    What if I don't have account and sync? Is there any other way to fix this?

If you don't have an account that's been synced, you wouldn't have Picasa albums on your phone. So if you have Picasa albums on your phone, you have an account, and can turn sync for that account on and off.

Go to settings. Notice that the settings options are broken up by gray headers (Wireless and network, Device, etc.). Swipe down until you find the gray bar that says "Accounts." Under that header should be a row that says "Google." Tab there. At the top of that page you should see your Google account (e.g., ). Tap there.

Scroll down until you see "Sync Picasa Web Albums." Uncheck the box.

Note: the above is for Jelly Bean. If you're still on ICS, it might be slightly different, but should be basically the same.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Follow Iother directions about turning off synching. Then go to settings, application manager, all apps, gallery, then clear the Cashe, not the data. that should remove Picasso pictures and not others pix on your card or phone.

Go I to settings go to the very bottom and click on google app and click remove and then the folder won't be in your gallery

Hope this helped

how do I shut off sync with picasa?

I tried clearing data from my gallery, it deleted all but one of my fb albums and none of the picasa photos... thing i dont understand is i dont have picasa???...please help!!!

Thank you rock!!!

Thanks buddy.. It really works :-)

You go into your Gmail account on your desktop, disable the google+1 .check the remove entire google profile, in the instructions it says picasa web albums. Click on it, remove all pictures, delete the google+ profile, then sign out of gmail...Go to your phone, press settings, thern application manager, select all, find gallery, open it and press clear data....go back and the picasa albums will be deletyed....I just did it about 5 minutes ago...I have a Galaxy Note 2, it was easy....I also have a Galaxy note 2 that is 30 days old for sale. best damn phone ever....248-821-0701

no that doesnt work either. for some reason samsung thinks that its important that you should have to view all your picasa albums in the gallery. and google thinks its relevant that you should be able to post your albums on the web by default. who does that?

Quote Originally Posted by greige View Post
    Make sure the synching for the Picasa albums is still off, then go into Settings > Application manager. Select the All tab, find Gallery and hit the Clear data button. Next time you open the Gallery, it will take a moment to rebuild it but the Picasa albums should finally be gone.
    worked perfectly--- no need to backup. Just the Picasa albums gone

Go into your gallery. Tap on menu (bottom left). Check items on phone. Picasso pictures will no longer be visible on your gallery.

Gcaver2

Thumbs up Re: How do you remove Picasa albums from phone

Thank you very much - worked like a charm.

You might have start there to help me. Where do I find synching with picasa to make sure it is off? Nothing seems to do any good for getting rid of picasa pictures.
    Last edited by John Maurer; 03-10-2013 at 01:14 PM.

It took me some time but I finally figured it out. Settings>Google>hold down gmail address>uncheck Sync Picasa Web albums>Go back to settings, application manager, all , click on gallery, then clear the Cashe, not the data. that should remove Picasso pictures and not others pix on your card or phone.

i cant uncheck the picasa with latest mb1 update.

Hey Guys i will help you.. it's easy ! don't hate your phone.. first you must login your google account then go to google + after that select photos option and click albums.. finally select your albums photos when you hate the photos and delete it.. It's Simple Thank You for your attention

Quote Originally Posted by Suryo Probo S View Post
    Hey Guys i will help you.. it's easy ! don't hate your phone.. first you must login your google account then go to google + after that select photos option and click albums.. finally select your albums photos when you hate the photos and delete it.. It's Simple Thank You for your attention
    That works, but how can the picasa account can be removed from sync list?

You would have to remove your goggle account.

Quote Originally Posted by ovdevil View Post
    You would have to remove your goggle account.
    that sucks

It worked and thankyou do much for that
    CAn you also tell me how to rurn off picassa sync

first you go to setting / account / google / click to your mail id / remove sync picasa / then goto application / all / gallary / clear data......and you parmenently scrap picasa album

But were do u have to go to sync picasa or un-sync picassa?

Neverminf it worked im sooo glad go to setting>then click account and sync>then were it says ur gmail look at the bottom of it and make sure it says "sync turned off">click application and go to manage applications>go to all and click on gallery>click clear data>now look at ur gallery...NO MORE PICASA!!!! :-)
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast