Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Replacement S3 received

I received my replacement S3 yesterday it had updated stickers all over the packaging the box and on the front of the phone itself. No pictures of it because I didn't do the actual unboxing. Not sure what all has been updated. I do know it is not getting as hot when searching for a signal right now. I haven't gotten that roaming message contantly that I had been getting. The one thing that stands out when I have the phones side by side is the screen brightness. The replacement phone doesn't seem to be as bright, but that is not a problem.

Default Re: Replacement S3 received

Well, keep us updated on how it's doing for you!
    Last edited by Gator352; 07-21-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Nice .

Like Gator said keep us posted!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Were you having dropped calls issues? I'll be curious to know if that issue is improved and also if you notice a difference with data speeds.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    Were you having dropped calls issues? I'll be curious to know if that issue is improved and also if you notice a difference with data speeds.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
    I have had only 1 dropped call since I've had it (1 week) and that's because I was in the middle of BFE and every phone I have used drops calls there. My data speeds are twice that of the SII was. Well, that's stretching it but much faster nonetheless.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yes I started having more and more dropped calls. All my problems starting on or around July 15th. I got the phone on June 21. Some tell me it was probably the update that caused my problems. I don't know.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

I received my replacement phone Tuesday. I had the Insurance it took a little more than a week. I received a brand new SIII. I had my phone come up missing after having it for a week. I was disappointed. But glad I got the Insurance just had to pay the deductible. So glad I did the Insurance despite the increase to 11 dollars. Definitely worth it for the first year of ownership. Glad you got yours too.

hopefully this one works out better for you!

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phone-a-holic View Post
    I received my replacement S3 yesterday it had updated stickers all over the packaging the box and on the front of the phone itself. No pictures of it because I didn't do the actual unboxing. Not sure what all has been updated. I do know it is not getting as hot when searching for a signal right now. I haven't gotten that roaming message contantly that I had been getting. The one thing that stands out when I have the phones side by side is the screen brightness. The replacement phone doesn't seem to be as bright, but that is not a problem.
    What did the updated stickers say?

why did you get a replacement in the first place?
    Retired Ambassador

I believe he said that it was lost.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:

Thanks!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    why did you get a replacement in the first place?
    The phone was replaced due to overheating, the inability to hold 3g or 4g connection, and more dropped calls than I have ever had.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by GK3K View Post
    What did the updated stickers say?
    the stickers just said 'updated'. Not sure what all was updated. I don't use the search so I can't tell you if it changed or not.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

So far so good with a half day gone I still have 61% battery life left. That's all with about 50 text, 20 emails and moderate surfing cnn, fb, nytimes, and usatoday. Also had about six calls that lasted on average about 7 minutes.