Issue with camera

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Every time I go into the camera app and I try to take a picture my phone shuts off completely and I have to take the battery out. I'm not rooted or have any customs ROMs or anything. I also haven't downloaded any new apps. This just started today and the only difference is that earlier this month I installed that security update sprint pushed. Any ideas what can be causing it or what I should do?

Sent from my Amaze-balls Samsung Galaxy S3 :)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Go into the app management settings. Find camera and clear data. Try your camera again.

skunk%20Banner100pix

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would take it into a Sprint repair store and have them look at it. Most likely they will do a hard reset on your phone. If it is an app that is causing it, then it will be gone. If it is not an app, the problem might still be there. If they can't fix it, make them get you a new phone.

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
That exact thing is happening to me. And, to top it off, it doesn't save the picture it took, or the 1 b4 it. It's only happened with the replacement batteries i ordered. Not sure if that's a coincidence. If you get a solution, post it here, and I'll do the same. I'm away on business this week do my hands are tied as far as going to a sprint store.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
That exact thing is happening to me. And, to top it off, it doesn't save the picture it took, or the 1 b4 it. It's only happened with the replacement batteries i ordered. Not sure if that's a coincidence. If you get a solution, post it here, and I'll do the same. I'm away on business this week do my hands are tied as far as going to a sprint store.

Its funny u mention replacement batteries because it just so happens this happened to me with the QCell 2300 mAh slim battery that I've had in my phone for a few days. Never had it happen with the stock battery. Interesting

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I've just used the stock battery all day, took about 100 pictures. No problems. Going out tonight, will be using the ebay replacements from China. I almost want problems just to settle it.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Its funny u mention replacement batteries because it just so happens this happened to me with the QCell 2300 mAh slim battery that I've had in my phone for a few days. Never had it happen with the stock battery. Interesting

I almost bought some of those batteries. Glad you mentioned it. So does your camera work when you use the OEM batteries?

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Update.. After 100 pics with oem battery I threw in the replacement battery. After 5 pics with the flash, it locked the phone again. AH HA! I thought. Put stock battery back in, took 1 pic and it locked up. Removed stock battery, re inserted it, and it was fine for the rest of the night. I don't know what to think at this point. The replacement batteries i bought have the same specs as the stock, although the diagram pictures on it are a little different.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
It only happened to me that one time and I'm still using the QCell extended battery. I never changed it out. Hmmmm.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae