WiFi turns off and back on by itself, am I the only one?

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
do you have Go power master.
there is an option in Smart, where maybe you have unknowingly turn on option to turn off wifi on screen out to save baterry.
i myself did it without knowing!

if you dont have go power master install. then i dont knw

NikeAndJordanz

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I have LG Venice and it's my first LG phone and when I experienced problem with keeping wifi turned off I got frustrated. But I found something that might help. Go to Settings and in Wireless & Networks click on "More" then click on "Mobile networks" and then on "Connections Optimizer" there is box which is checked and there's explanation also

Thrillhouse617

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
very interesting thing.. I was experiencing my Wi-Fi notifications going crazy and Wi-Fi on but the icon was darkened. I turned off optimization in the settings and via dialer. after a reboot my battery life seems much better.

starlovessick

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I just got the LG Venice and for some reason it will NOT let me connect to my wifi at home. I've tried different websites and so far nothing works.
I can connect to wifi at school or anywhere else except my home. Can anyone help me??

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got the LG Venice and for some reason it will NOT let me connect to my wifi at home. I've tried different websites and so far nothing works.
I can connect to wifi at school or anywhere else except my home. Can anyone help me??

Are you sure the password is correct?

Sent From My SPH-L710 VIA Subspace

KevinCox1212

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the Boost Mobile GS3. Boost is basically the lower form of Sprint.

I've found the wifi consistently turns itself on. I have to keep turning it off to prevent battery drain. I've no idea what causes this.

Sent from my Galactic Mobile Android phone. SPH-L710.

Visit the local Galactic Mobile store on your planet today.

texassfm

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
This is my first time on this forum but I am having the EXACT same issue as five gear. It seems as if this thread has sort of been hi- jacked (no offense) by the "I'm having connection/ disconnection issues...." This is not the same issue we are having. What we are experiencing is simply this- the WiFi is randomly and spontaneously turning itself OFF. It's as if you pulled down the status bar (or went in to Settings) and physically turned OFF the virtual ON/OFF button slider. It connects just fine when it's ON but for some reason it randomly turns OFF. Just started this nonsense. Two weeks old. Frustrated. My work recently bought about 500 of these Galaxy S3's and neither our tech dept nor anyone else I've spoken to has heard of this. And so far our techies can't figure it out. All pertinent settings have been checked (including the "keep wifi on during sleep") but no luck. And I didn't change any settings or download any apps when this started.... HAVE I MISSED A FIX FOR THIS ON THIS FORUM? Thanks in advance to all..

Vicki Trusselli

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have a Nokia Lumia 521 and I love my windows phone. I am with Metro PCS. when I am home I go to wifi calling because the agent said I d not have a metro pcs signal. wrong and an out and out lie. how come virgin mobile does not have that issue with my roomy. I can't send picture messages over wifi calling. I have to go to my messenger(new) for facebook to send an immediate picture message and if they do not have the messenger app then too bad. I have to get in my car and drive away from my wifi calling area to send a picture message on my cell. I am paying 50 a month plus 10 for insurance and tether. could not talk to anyone today 08052014 because the robot said they have made this service for my inexpensive service. I do not call 60 a month cheap. so they are really making me mad. I can not turn wifi off period. my hands are tied as it is up to metro pcs or t mobile to turn it on

Vicki Trusselli

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a tether hookup for 5 bucks month on metro pcs but it does not matter. on my nokia lumia 521(I love it) wifi is turned off and on by metro pcs. so immediately when I get home it goes on wifi and I can not send picture messages except on FB messenger. is someone does not have that too bad too sad. I have to drive away from the wifi t send my picture message. I live on a island peninsula and have stupid 2g network. but I love the island and th beach. my roomy has virgin mobile and has no issues. metro has a robot that have set up to have people like with cheap plans of 60 bucks a month to use an not talk to an agent. so you can not connect and I m not getting my full service text message unlimited service. why would I pay extra for 4g when I am in a 2g?

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Connection optimizer is what's doing it......In the settings. ..Click more networks and uncheck the connections optimizer box...problem solved

Posted via the Android Central App

rlynn52889

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I searched about reconnecting wifi and this came up. My daughter and I each have our own tablet. And I have a home wifi address we connect to with a password. But during the day it will switch to xfinity and we can't go online until we reconnect to our home wifi. I don't understand why it's automatically switching to xfinity without me clicking it to switch. Does anyone know what may cause this to happen?

crazygilmore

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
This is an old thread, but I recently started having this same problem. I normally have WiFi turned on unless I am driving, I have a Samsung Galaxy G6 and recently the WiFi started turning off and on. Generally things still seemed to work OK. The phone upgraded to Marshmallow, 6.0.1. I eventually solved the problem by turning off WiFi scanning under Location, Improve Accuracy.

atuldpatil

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
I had this issue and was causing me real headache. I initially thought it was hardware failure of my phone but later I found reason is something else.

For some reason I had changed Wireless Security of my WiFi router from WPA2 Personal to something else (I guess WEP). That was causing my phone (intex cloud 4g runing Android Marshmallow) often to turn off and on WiFi on its own. I changed the Wireless Security back to WPA2 Personal and phone is now back to normal (not turning WiFi on and off on its own)

Mike177

Jul 4, 2017
Visit site
My galaxy tab pro 12.2 did the same thing. I did a factory reset and everything was working great. Then it updated the Flipboard and after that it went crazy again. So I tried to Uninstall it but I couldn't. So I disabled it and the problem went away again. Maybe this will help you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol