Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Can you use Audiojack & Bluetooth simultaneously on the SG3?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I CAN correctly use the Audiojack and Bluetooth simultaneously.

3 20.00%
  • I CANNOT. I must unhook the jack to take a call on BT.

12 80.00%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default POLL: SG3 issues with BlueTooth & Audiojack at same time

PLEASE ANSWER ONLY IF YOU'VE TRIED THESE SETTINGS (ie, You've actually answered a call on bluetooth without unhooking the Audiojack while actively playing files)

1) I CAN use the Audiojack and Bluetooth at the same time.
    2) I CANNOT use the Audiojack and Bluetooth at the same time. I must unhook the Audiojack to take the call on Bluetooth.
    In researching the SG3 prior to purchase, I came across some mentions that the Bluetooth and Audiojack do not work together well. If, for example, playing songs in a car via the Audio jack and having Bluetooth ready to answer a call, users had to unhook the Audio jack for the Bluetooth to work. I am assuming this is also true in listening to music via Audiojack/Speakers and having Bluetooth at the ready to answer calls.
    I have brought this to Samsung's attention to ask about it. They don't answer anything you actually ask. I asked Sprint who has to hear from customers before it can be addressed properly if accurate. I have a feeling many people just get annoyed with it but don't contact them if this is accurate so I'm doing a poll to help report findings.

This should be a standard feature and not have to be addressed, but things happen.
    This is particularly important for driving.

PLEASE ANSWER ONLY IF YOU'VE TRIED THESE SETTINGS (ie, You've actually answered a call on bluetooth without unhooking the Audiojack while actively playing files)

1) I CAN use the Audiojack and Bluetooth at the same time.
    2) I CANNOT use the Audiojack and Bluetooth at the same time. I must unhook the Audiojack to take the call on Bluetooth.

HERE is another thread that deals with this (and some possible work-arounds...hopefully temporary)
    Last edited by jecilop; 07-23-2012 at 10:40 PM. Reason: added addt'l thread link.
    Loving my new SG3.
    Previously happy EVO 4G owner ..mostly..
    Acer A500
    Thankful for Android Central. It's how I learned about Android and dived into the deep end!

Default Re: POLL: SG3 issues with BlueTooth & Audiojack at same time

I've tested this in two cars, and it works for me. Test scenarios:

Phone connected to car BT
    Audio jack connected to car Audio in with standard 3 conductor (not 4) audio cord
    Pandora playing thru audio jack

Test 1: Make call from handset - When I hit the green phone button to dial, Pandora was muted, the call place, audio heard through the car's BT speaker. When I hung up, Pandora audio started back up.
    Test 2: Make car through car's BT. Pandora kept playing until the phone started dialing. Call went through, audio heard through car's BT speaker. When I hung up, Pandora started playing.

Seems to work fine for me.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Since posting above, I've also received calls while listening to Pandora. Works perfectly.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

I too have NEVER had a problem with needing to unhook the line in cable to take a call. I have a 2006 Prius so it does phone audio BT only. I purchased a program called SoundAbout Pro that I ended up not really needing. I read about horror stories with the GS3 and BT connections in cars...so I was worried. But for me, when I'm listening to anything on my phone via the headphone jack, the media will stop playing automatically and the phone audio will go through the BT to the car. When I hang up, it goes right back as it should.

My cars only do phone audio over BT, too. Maybe those people having problems can also stream music over BT?

For those of you having issues with using the headphone jack, this cord might be worth a try. I don't have one, so I can't vouch for it, but it's cheap enough to be worth a try, I think:

Car Aux Audio Output Cable USB Charger Cable for Sam Sung S3 i9300 i9220 I9100 | eBay

well crap...something spit the bit on me. I can't get ANYTHING bluetooth related working right. If anyone has any ideas (see my other thread), I'm all ears. God darn it... I wonder if an update to SoundAbout did something...although I can't fathom why things would not work. I did find that audio started streaming over the phone audio today during my testing.