Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

Default Re: Battery Life Since Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Star General View Post
    I unplug from charger at 5am on workdays, listen to Pandora for the 40min ride, surf a bit throughout the day and right now(4:20pm) I'm at 65%...that's okay by my standards.
    That's great by anybody's standards!

Unfortunately we're not all seeing that kind of battery life.

Global Posts
    2,121 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

People complaining about battery life... are y'all in cities with LTE?

People with better battery life... are you in a city with poor signals?

People with battery life that has remained unchanged since the update. Well I have nothing to ask you

Quote Originally Posted by Scotlac View Post
    That's great by anybody's standards!

Unfortunately we're not all seeing that kind of battery life.
    True not everyone is seeing this but there are factors as to why that play a roll to figure out if its the update or if its their area / how they use their phone.

1. Signal Strength - This matters a TON. If you have weak signal you are going to have worse battery as your phone fights for it. So people with bad battery how are your bars?

Also ... if you have LTE on and your LTE isn't a strong signal or it flakes in / out .. this will drain the battery majorly as well since its fighting for LTE constantly.

2. Are you running "Data Intensive" apps -- this would be like Netflix and things of that nature. Constant 100% data stream will cause drain .. Things like Pandora stream the song and wait for the next so its not 100% data all the time.

3. Brightness and/or Background Apps -- Both play a factor. Brightness not as much for sure but it does matter some but the major thing here is the Background Apps. If you have tons of things running in the background constantly updating .. bye bye battery. Or it could even just be you don't have much running but could have a bad programmed app such as Facebook lol

4. GPS -- I personally disable GPS when not in use so it will never poll me since GPS is the biggest drain on a battery.

But yeah these are just my thoughts .. People in LTE area who say they have bad battery but have a weak signal should turn off the LTE for a week or two and check if it improves. If the phone has to fight for a LTE signal... your battery will be taking the hits.

[Edit]

I will post pics from today of my battery at work in a sec.

Edit-

These pics below are from earlier today. My phone hit 14% battery at ~1 PM EST. So i turned my phone off (shut down) and let it charge trying to get a good charge for this afternoon / tonight. I turned it back on and logged onto the forums and took these screenshots.

I am in a non-LTE area (Jacksonville, FL) with pretty decent signal everywhere I go for 3G. I don't run GPS , background apps (except gmail push) , and I think I got some good time on battery. I mostly have Slacker Radio streaming at work so don't have the screen on as much.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Ditto, it is better after the update

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    DocB1973
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Microsoft Surface Pro
    Nexus 7 - Nexus 10

people are driving themselves crazy thinking about their battery. Every single day conditions that affect your battery are different. Could be the weather could be sprint could be the fact that you sat in the basement instead of Up stairs in your house. Just keep in mind that you're carrying the most powerful cordless phone your grandparents have never seen. Keeping that bad boy connected isn't always easy when we're all constantly wandering around in different environments. It's time to think about our inner battery...
    Thanked by 3:
    Gator352 likes this.

I've been getting excellent battery life with the S3 since getting it. Yesterday, with the latest update already installed for a few days, I got over 32 hours, with 14% battery left. That was not a lot of heavy use, but my Epic 4G couldn't be left alone for more than a few hours for fear that it would die

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s11//...e4f3227edc9108

What's the right way to embed a screenshot? I am not posting from the phone, and can't copy/paste the screenshot - it can only be 'viewed'.

Ok battery problem, I hope this fixes it, just did it. Upgrades are not completing to ICS, i tried the hard reset to no avail, 4 hours max on battery I had to do something-" pull battery, put back in, hold volume up button and power at same time till u get a funky screen- very important- go to clear cache using volume button when clear cache is highlighted hit the power button and then do a reboot system now- once this is complete you should get a notification when your phone powers on that android update is complete" and hopefully all your problems are gone....

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

I just did the wipe cache thing like you suggested. When I opened OS Monitor, the % went from 50-70% to 10-20%.

The Cell stand by, I am just screwed. This modem doesn't like my city, but at least my CPU usage is much much lower, and should make a difference.

Ok...no update yet..but all of sudden my battery has super strength...dont know what happend ...but not complaining..just sharin

sent from my badazz sammy s3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Since Upgrade-uploadfromtaptalk1344046412668.jpg  

First day of full charge since upgrade to LG8

Not so great. I didn't even talk much.

Facial lock. Cdma mode only.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Since Upgrade-uploadfromtaptalk1344227014615.jpg  

I'm on beans rom with jelly bomb.7.2 still have 21% left
    Battery Life Since Upgrade-uploadfromtaptalk1344227311481.jpg

Tapatalk'd / Rooted Galaxy S3

Crapppp

Jellybean didnít solve it. Gsiff_daemon just popped up for me. Just renamed it AGAIN.

Hopefully it won't pop up again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12