Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Life Since Upgrade

Is mine the only that has had their battery life plummet since the upgrade? My Android OS usage has gone sky high. I have pretty much everything disabled you can including Svoice.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by cdemot02 View Post
    Is mine the only that has had their battery life plummet since the upgrade? My Android OS usage has gone sky high. I have pretty much everything disabled you can including Svoice.
    Which update?

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Battery Life Since Upgrade

Phone came with 4.0.4. Do you mean the new LG8 update?

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    Phone came with 4.0.4. Do you mean the new LG8 update?
    yup..i just got that update this morning LG8

how many hours are u guys averaging on a single charge anyway?

i get at least 16 with HEAVY use

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    i get at least 16 with HEAVY use
    i NEED this phone now lol..

Quote Originally Posted by naes View Post
    how many hours are u guys averaging on a single charge anyway?
    I'm also getting about 16 hours a day. I don't worry about my battery at all.

16 hours on average I get.

Sheesh everyone is averaging 16 hours while I'm stuck on iPhone with about half the battery life -_- I'm bitter
    Last edited by naes; 07-27-2012 at 07:08 AM.

It might be an app you have on your phone. Mine has taken a hit Deff not getting 16hr tho.

ive been getting about 20 hours a day disabling the stuff i don't use and deleting i apps i don't use when i go to clear ram it usually at 382mb/1.62gb so i take it that pretty good to and that's with textings web and voice calls so i charge once a day another thing to i let my phone fully die before sticking it on the charger and i do not use it while charging but there's lots of ways to save battery you just have to experiment with your phone

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Heavy use puts me at 16 hours or so... my normal use puts me at over 30...

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Before the update i averaged about 14 to 16 hours,after the update im averaging about 24 hours with at least 30 to 35 percent left before battery is completely dead! (just plugged it up to charge for today and it was 24hrs 48mins and 19sec at 37% battery left,im lovin this phone!)

Hi all,

I haven't updated my software since I first bought the phone on July 1st. With that said, my battery has left much to be desired. My battery drains without using it. It isn't dramatic, but it goes from 100% to 97% with no use. I'm wondering if the update will improve my battery life. I'm currently rooted rooted, and was wondering what brightness levels you guys are using. I refuse to use power saver and have my brightness at less than 50%. Thanks in advance.

My battery life has been absolutely horrible since the update to say the least. I was at 96% and after 7 hours I was down to 5%. I was at work and not on my phone besides the 20 min phone call I took on lunch. I listended to a couple of songs on youtube and visited a couple webpages. Thats it. I don't understand how I went form being on a single charge for well over 20 hours and still having 30% left to this!

Quote Originally Posted by footballbanker View Post
    My battery life has been absolutely horrible since the update to say the least. I was at 96% and after 7 hours I was down to 5%. I was at work and not on my phone besides the 20 min phone call I took on lunch. I listended to a couple of songs on youtube and visited a couple webpages. Thats it. I don't understand how I went form being on a single charge for well over 20 hours and still having 30% left to this!
    Same here. My battery life was uber. Now, it's PATHETIC.

I get about 30 to 35 hours and i also use JuiceDefender it helps.

my battery still seem sstrong

I did my first test since LG8 update. After a fully saturated charge to 100% I left the phone alone for exactly 4 hours and it dropped to 99 %. This was with the following settings turned ON:
    WiFi, screen rotation, mobile data, powersave, sync
    Network signal 2 bars

Ironically, earlier I had noticed what seemed like heavier than normal drain and after running OS Monitor realized Android Central app was constantly chugging at around 2-5% CPU regardless of settings. The only way I could stop it was to kill the process. Uninstalled.

I was going to wait to post.

I did the LG8 sunday night. Monday after 10 hours of work I was down to 61% left. That is a huge improvement for me. I was usaully down to 20%. I will see if it is the same today or not.

I did a factory reset, updated, installed minimum apps, and now my battery is worse than it was when it got worse the first time.

55% of my battery is one due to cell stand by.

They fixed the radio right? Yeah, epic fail is epic.

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

The efficiency of the radios seems to be very dependent on your location. I also took a big hit on battery life with LG8 and am planning on flashing back to LF9 as soon as I get the chance.

If those of you with battery issues are rooted you might try playing around with flashing the various radios found in this thread:

I unplug from charger at 5am on workdays, listen to Pandora for the 40min ride, surf a bit throughout the day and right now(4:20pm) I'm at 65%...that's okay by my standards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Since Upgrade-screenshot_2012-07-31-16-20-39.jpg  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast