Manually Update to LG8 unrooted phones only.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
when i try to flash it , it start installing and then i get E:signature verification failed ,what i have to do ?

Try re downloading the file. Also make sure that you de select unknown sources in security settings.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
when i try to flash it , it start installing and then i get E:signature verification failed ,what i have to do ?

Below are a list of thingd that could cause issues. Look at the list and see if you fit into one of these categories. All of them can be overcome.

What is your current version#? Does your build end in LG2, LF9 or LEN? If it's LF9 or LEN this won't work for you. You must be on LG2. If you are not I can still help you get there.

Are you UN zipping the file. If so stop doing that. It's supposed to be zipped.

Did you download the correct file it should be " 04646f9535b3.update_SPH-L710_LG2_to_LG8" without the qoutes. Do not rename it.

Are you unrooted and completly stock, with stock revovery.

Were you rooted before and removed any preloaded apps this will also not work for you.

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well.....I tried this. Started to install the update then a red error message:
error in/tmp/sideload/package/zip(status7)....install aborted. I'm a total Droid newbie but not new to tweaking phones. (Blackberry guy for years. Always "messed" with it.)(screen name berryjunkie on the other site)
Anyone have any suggestions????

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Well.....I tried this. Started to install the update then a red error message:
error in/tmp/sideload/package/zip(status7)....install aborted. I'm a total Droid newbie but not new to tweaking phones. (Blackberry guy for years. Always "messed" with it.)(screen name berryjunkie on the other site)
Anyone have any suggestions????

Sideloader error is caused by not deselecting unknown sources in security settings.

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Sideloader error is caused by not deselecting unknown sources in security settings.

Thanks for the help, man.....settings>security>unknown sources (I took the check OUT of the box)
Still getting the same error message. :confused:

ce2dope

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
does anyone have the old updates to roll back? I wanted to go back to the previous build before LG8 to see if it would help. If rolling back isnt an option, does anyone have the previous build like Skunkape did with the LG8?

In other words, don't tell me to roll back, as I know that's an option. For me, the s voice used to work great, and now cant understand what I am saying. It seems as though it just doesn't work/understand me now.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
does anyone have the old updates to roll back? I wanted to go back to the previous build before LG8 to see if it would help. If rolling back isnt an option, does anyone have the previous build like Skunkape did with the LG8?

In other words, don't tell me to roll back, as I know that's an option. For me, the s voice used to work great, and now cant understand what I am saying. It seems as though it just doesn't work/understand me now.

I can roll you back to len in 10 minutes. You will update to Lf9 on the 1st boot and LG2 on the 2nd boot.

Either stock or rooted. Your choice.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Nunn
I'm having the same issue regarding the sideloader error. Where there any fixes to the issue?

1. Make sure in security settings you deselect unknown sources.

2. Make sure your current version is LG2.

3. Make sure you are unrooted and on stock recovery.

4. Make sure you have a Sprint Galaxy S3. Will not work on any other carrier. The last person with this issue (Drayk) had an AT&T phone. Worked with him for awhile before I realized what the heck his problem was. So now I have to ask...

Last edited:

fernymcfern

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Unknown Sources is not selected
Current version is LG2
Originally had rooted my phone, but unrooted the phone and have Stock Recovery (Android System Recovery <3e>)
It is a Sprint Galaxy S3

Uninstalled and reinstalled the OTA on the phone, used different USB cords - still have the same issue.

E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Unknown Sources is not selected
Current version is LG2
Originally had rooted my phone, but unrooted the phone and have Stock Recovery (Android System Recovery <3e>)
It is a Sprint Galaxy S3

Uninstalled and reinstalled the OTA on the phone, used different USB cords - still have the same issue.

E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)

While rooted, did you remove any of the Sprint or Samsung apps. Your phone must have all the original Sprint software for this to work.