Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Skunkape60
  • 1 Post By Skunkape60
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    RawisTheGameHhH's Avatar

    Posts
    381 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

    Default Voice Mail Update T.5.3.0.30

    holy cow is it ugly; its white and black like its not themed at all; anyone else download it?

    can someone please post the stock voicemail apk for me so i can flash it back; thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Voice Mail Update T.5.3.0.30-screenshot_2012-07-26-15-06-25.jpg  
    Last edited by RawisTheGameHhH; 07-26-2012 at 03:13 PM.
  2. #2  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH View Post
    holy cow is it ugly; its white and black like its not themed at all; anyone else download it?

    can someone please post the stock voicemail apk for me so i can flash it back; thanks!
    I have a flashable zip at home if you're rooted. Or I can pull it off this phone once I reroot it.

    _______________
    Just Flash It !!!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    RawisTheGameHhH's Avatar

    Posts
    381 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

    Default Re: Voice Mail Update T.5.3.0.30

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    I have a flashable zip at home if you're rooted. Or I can pull it off this phone once I reroot it.

    _______________
    Just Flash It !!!
    i am not rooted
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Voice Mail Update T.5.3.0.30

    That's hideous.
  5. #5  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Voice Mail Update T.5.3.0.30

    Quote Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH View Post
    i am not rooted
    Ok let me reroot and I will get it to you. Another thing to try first is go to the playstore and uninstall through there. I am pretty sure it will only uninstall the update. I think the original vvm is in your system files and won't be removed without root. So try that first as it think it will work. Let me know if it does.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by 2:
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    RawisTheGameHhH's Avatar

    Posts
    381 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

    Default Re: Voice Mail Update T.5.3.0.30

    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    Ok let me reroot and I will get it to you. Another thing to try first is go to the playstore and uninstall through there. I am pretty sure it will only uninstall the update. I think the original vvm is in your system files and won't be removed without root. So try that first as it think it will work. Let me know if it does.
    thanks for the idea; went to settings; then apps and removed the update
    Thanked by:
    mobdad 
  7. #7  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH View Post
    thanks for the idea; went to settings; then apps and removed the update
    So it worked? Damned sometimes I even surprise myself.

    _______________
    Just Flash It !!!
    Last edited by Skunkape60; 07-26-2012 at 06:23 PM.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  8. #8  
    munnarg's Avatar

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

    Default Re: Voice Mail Update T.5.3.0.30

    I like the new white background.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    RawisTheGameHhH's Avatar

    Posts
    381 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

    Default Re: Voice Mail Update T.5.3.0.30

    Quote Originally Posted by munnarg View Post
    I like the new white background.
    its ugly and matches nothing; disabled my voicemail from updating to this after removing it!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Voice Mail Update T.5.3.0.30

    Quote Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH View Post
    its ugly and matches nothing; disabled my voicemail from updating to this after removing it!
    Matches nothing. Really? Wow!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Voice Mail Update T.5.3.0.30

    The voice mail is a little ugly. I updated my EVO 3D first so I could see what it looked like. It does have a white background, but when you hit a voice mail, the voice mail will turn yellow for a moment. I wish they would give us the option of changing the color to what we like. Not sure why they changed the color. So for now I am not updating my GS3. I will eventually.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Voice Mail Update T.5.3.0.30

    Ahh, thank you. I uninstalled the updates as well.

    It wasn't necessarily because it was ugly, but it was also nagware. Any message I wanted to listen to, instead of a picture of the contact, there was a huge message in the middle of the screen "Start your free trial"
  13. #13  

    Exclamation Re: Voice Mail Update T.5.3.0.30

    Anyone please post the apk for this app i been looking for it like crazy and I can't found it for my Galaxy nexus on sprint network, I had it on my SGS3 by default but not on the nexus.
    Please, please help!!

    Thanks

    Ps: my phone is not rooted.
  14. #14  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moz-art View Post
    Anyone please post the apk for this app i been looking for it like crazy and I can't found it for my Galaxy nexus on sprint network, I had it on my SGS3 by default but not on the nexus.
    Please, please help!!

    Thanks

    Ps: my phone is not rooted.
    Even if you had the apk. Sprint voicemail won't work on your gnex. With the gnex, you are forced to use Google voice or download a third party voicemail app.

    It's one of the drawbacks of buying a pure Google device.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  15. #15  
    Skunkape60's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,518 Posts

    Default Re: Voice Mail Update T.5.3.0.30

    Ok for anyone needing the Sprint VVM apk, I've attached it below. I pulled it out of the stock LG8 rom I had laying around. You can try it on your Gnex but it won't work...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
    Thanked by:
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Voice Mail Update T.5.3.0.30

    Well for the past days I been using the old fashion Voice-mail and I think I'm getting use to it... is just every time I check my voice-mail i feel like I travel back on time to 2002 lol

    Thank you Skunkape60.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Voice Mail Update T.5.3.0.30

    Not to hijack the thread but I have an issue regarding the voicemail app I was hoping someone here could help with.

    I've been using Google Voice exclusively on my S3 since I got it this past summer. I never used the Voicemail app that was provided and actually Disabled it to keep it hidden. For reasons I won't get into here I'm getting out of Google Voice. I went to Enable the Voicemail app and it won't let me, the button is grayed out. Did I screw something up by having the Voicemail app Disabled when the phone updated from ICS to JB?

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Thanks
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Voice Mail Update T.5.3.0.30

    dont mean to be a grave digger, but thanks for posting that apk. cm10 didnt have the voicemail app and ive been searching for it for 2 days. installed it with one of my root apps. works just fine too. before, my voicemails were getting to me via some sorta text voicemail thing and i couldnt access them. works just fine now though, thanks

Posting Permissions

B