1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Default Copy and paste issue

Anyone having any issues with copy and paste? Whenever I highlight something and select copy from the action bar the app I'm in force close and nothing is copied. This has happened in chrome, Gmail, and contacts. Any ideas what causing this? Or how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by dtg755 View Post
    Anyone having any issues with copy and paste? Whenever I highlight something and select copy from the action bar the app I'm in force close and nothing is copied. This has happened in chrome, Gmail, and contacts. Any ideas what causing this? Or how to fix it?
    Rom? Rooted ? Stock ?
    Need these answered before anyone can really help ya

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Default Re: Copy and paste issue

ah yes sorry... Unrooted stock lg2
    Retired Ambassador

I haven't had that problem. Copying text is pretty basic... i guess you could try clearing data in your browser and gmail.

ROM
    DasBamf 2.0b5

Quote Originally Posted by dtg755 View Post
    I have the same issue and would really like a fix. It's sometimes impossible to be productive without copy/paste.

Edit: I should clarify that I have the Verizon GS3 variant.

Guys, I found this post at Phandroid from a guy that found a solution that doesn't involves a factory reset, but demands root. And it works beautifully! Check here:

Thanks "dr3do"!

I just started having this problem out of the blue on my sgsIII.

Only a hard reset fixed it since I am not rooted :-(

What could be causing this? I'm thinking Google Chrome since that was the last app I installed before it started happening

Copy words and links all the time with no issues on my unmodified N7. Fact I started a new thread on this forum yesterday about the N7 winning the tablet of the Year and copied the link form Chrome to this forum to paste it. No issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums