1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google wallet

Im trying to buy an app from playstore so i chose "use card" at checkout and it wants me to put a card number in there...im trying to use the free 10$ that came with the wallet...anyone know if i cam do that??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by dbrides View Post
    Im trying to buy an app from playstore so i chose "use card" at checkout and it wants me to put a card number in there...im trying to use the free 10$ that came with the wallet...anyone know if i cam do that??

I don't know of you can or not as I don't use Google wallet. But that's not really what it's for.

Default Re: Google wallet

No you can't use the wallet to purchase apps. You can only use it at a store that has the scanner such as a grocery store, convenience store, etc.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    No you can't use the wallet to purchase apps. You can only use it at a store that has the scanner such as a grocery store, convenience store, etc.
    I've found a few online retailers that allow you to pay with GW
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks all...

Quote Originally Posted by deadday View Post
    I've found a few online retailers that allow you to pay with GW
    But not apps.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks gator

sent from my badazz sammy s3

Quote Originally Posted by dbrides View Post
    Thanks gator

sent from my badazz sammy s3
    Welcome!

Ya know, they tout that developers don't make much money so to me, it would make sense if they gave android buyers 10 bucks toward the purchase of apps. That would help the developers immensly.

ROM
    Blazer 1.4 Rom

well, the problem is thats how google makes some of their money from android, mind you, the OS is free. They get a cut of paid apps. So if they are giving them away, how will they profit?

Quote Originally Posted by charlie hustle View Post
    well, the problem is thats how google makes some of their money from android, mind you, the OS is free. They get a cut of paid apps. So if they are giving them away, how will they profit?
    Well, they are giving away $10 right?

The real answer is that they are giving away the $10 to encourage people to try the NFC feature of the phone to pay for small purchases at local merchants. They want you to try paying for things with your phone by simply tapping it against the merchant point of sale terminal, with the hope that you will like the feature and want to continue using it. I will likely use it to buy my morning commute beverage and would probably add $10-$15 a month to my Google wallet pre-paid card for that purpose.

Google Wallet is Awesone now since the new update yesterday!

Can use any of my cards now without having to deal with reloading Google card

Apple's opening court statement...
    "It's easier to copy than Innovate"

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3