1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text notifications won't clear

Noticed that my text notifications won't clear even after I check the messages. Anyone have a remedy for this?

Sent from my SPH-L710

ROM
    BOBZ CM9

Mine does it sometimes, when you go into the new message pull down notification bar. Mine goes away that way,

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried that....not working :-(

Sent from my SPH-L710

ROM
    BOBZ CM9

Weird I don't know, have you tried a SMS app from play, what'd you do before it started happening, or has it always done it

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Default Re: Text notifications won't clear

it just started last night far as i can remember. i havent added anything to the phone, apps or such. i use the regular text app on the home page.....but it just wont clear. always seems to leave 1 icon as tho i can a message...but there is nothing there. its driving me nuts....

ROM
    BOBZ CM9

Have you tried clearing cache in message app. And maybe data. As long as none are important

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

How do I go about doing that?

Sent from my SPH-L710
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD SE-RIOUS View Post
    How do I go about doing that?

Sent from my SPH-L710
    System settings/application manager. Choose all all tab on top. Find the problem app and choose it. You will see clear buttons...

mine is also doing this with messages phone calls and emails seems only way to get it off is to drop icon off screen and re drop back on

Have any of you gone into the developer options and chose the option under Apps "Do not keep Activities?" I had the same problem and I unchecked that box and it fixed the problem once i got a new message or restarted it and haven't had that problem since.

Having the same problem with my lg spectrum first time this has happened and nothing is working. Is there anything else i can try?

Try going into your settings and uncheck the auto-retrieve box and change the creation mode to free. That did it for me.

Clearing the text and exchange services cache worked for me only after restarting. FYI.

Go into Settings>Application manager. Move over to All and then down to BadgeProvider. Clear data and Force stop. Reboot the phone and see if it is correct.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram

Same thing has been happening to me. Has been driving me nuts for months. Finally solved it. It's your FB messages from the app. Go to Apps>Settings>Application manager> All> Facebook. Clear the data and force stop. You have to relog into the Facebook app but that should solve your problem