Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Update....

Still waiting for the update...i live south of Boston MA....is it still rolling out??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Update....

Be patient. These updates don't reach everyone's phone at the same time. Most of the time they always state the entire rollout can be from a day to up to 7-10 days to complete a maintenance update/upgrade.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperXL

then load it yourself; its not that hard
    mobdad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH View Post
    then load it yourself; its not that hard
    ...if you have installed an external SD card.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am still waiting for it too...ugh...first time it has ever taken that long!!

still waiting......................................................................................

Still haven't got it my self I live in Miami

iTz Young Amazed

me either

Quote Originally Posted by dbrides View Post
    Still waiting for the update...i live south of Boston MA....is it still rolling out??

It is. I just manually did an update check and it did the update. It was about 40MB.

I'm also in Miami, FL and nothing yet...

I'm in Jacksonville FL fyi

What does this update do?

Well I live in Miami Fla I just got off the phone with a sprint tech and this is what he told me that the new update is a random thing that the main manufactures send but they have been a lot of calls about place getting it but has been messing up there phone so he said most likely to get the update go to a sprint crop store and they can put the update for me cause he said they might have stopped sending updates out because of all the complaints but I don't know how much of this is true so just a little info for u just in case u didn't get update

iTz Young Amazed

I don't want to update if it is not with it. When I had my galaxy s2, the updates made the phone worst so now I am cautious.

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Just got the update. Choose to install later. Before I install. Are there any known issues? Will this reset my Google search bar? (I downloaded the apk on here so I could get my functionality back, so well I lose it?)

Yes you'll have to reinstall. Some are getting worse battery life. Keyboard is improved but I'm not getting predictive menu when inserting text within existing text. This means all my 'I's are capital letters unless I pad spaces around text I'm inserting. Only then does predictive menu appear again.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Almeuit....are u having any problems with the new download??

sent from my badazz sammy s3

Quote Originally Posted by dbrides View Post
    Almeuit....are u having any problems with the new download??

sent from my badazz sammy s3
    I have had no issues so far. My phone operates just as good as it did on day 1 (battery life, performance, etc.) I am assuming that the update just tweaked some stuff in the background and did some security updates.

The main thing I noticed is you can now adjust brightness from your notification bar (below). But yeah.. No complaints here

Only problem I have noticed since the update is that when the phone is on vibrate. I am not receiving notifications of txt msgs. In settings it shows that the messages are muted instead of just on vibrate. It used to vibrate for me now I have to leave the sound on to get notifications of texts.

Quote Originally Posted by daniralp View Post
    Only problem I have noticed since the update is that when the phone is on vibrate. I am not receiving notifications of txt msgs. In settings it shows that the messages are muted instead of just on vibrate. It used to vibrate for me now I have to leave the sound on to get notifications of texts.
    That is weird. Mine doesn't do this. The phone operates just like normal. Try disabling the vibrate / re enabling it and then reboot

Thanked by:

We have three of these phones all with this update. Before update, we got 24+ hours per charge, after, 8-12 hours.

They changed the modem software, made the phones better at 4G.

55% of my battery is now eaten by cell standby.

Facebook burns 1% of my battery, PER MINUTE.

This update is straight garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    We have three of these phones all with this update. Before update, we got 24+ hours per charge, after, 8-12 hours.

They changed the modem software, made the phones better at 4G.

55% of my battery is now eaten by cell standby.

Facebook burns 1% of my battery, PER MINUTE.

This update is straight garbage.
    So they updated the 4g to make it better right? So if your phone is holding an LTE signal now vs before not getting one that can very well eat up the battery. Or if your not getting good LTE that could eat up battery to. As the cell is on standby its constantly trying its hardest to hold a light LTE signal. This very well could be a huge huge part of your drain.

Also how does Facebook take 1% per minute? Your phone wouldn't last 8-12 hours then....... Also we all know he Facebook app is complete craptastic. Look at all the reviews in the play store and I can say from experience. It's a very bad app that does all sorts of wonky stuff.

So Imo it might be some stuff you're running for your battery and not the update. If it was the update I'd have at the very minimum similar issues.

EDIT-

Here is a screenshot of my battery. It got down to 14% about an hour and a half ago (1PM est) so I turned it off and plugged it in. Just powered it up before this post. I am on 3g so no lte drain or weak lte signal drain.

EDIT -
    Here is screen time. Forgot to post that to :x.

Last edited by Almeuit; 08-01-2012 at 01:42 PM.

So it was me somehow a box in the messaging settings unchecked. It just happend after the update. It now works like it should

Quote Originally Posted by daniralp View Post
    So it was me somehow a box in the messaging settings unchecked. It just happend after the update. It now works like it should
    It's all good! Glad we got it back to working order for you

Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

I'm being spammed by the update software. I keep coming install later. If it worsens the battery life then I don't really want to update. Especially since I don't even have 4g so changing the modern crap isn't even necessary for me. I'm tired of clicking install later so I might just install now to get this thing to shut the hell up
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast