Network Vision in Chi-town

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, the Network Vision update is supposed to hit the Chi today, I've been told. We'll see. Right now the 3G network is operating at about the speed of dial-up. The Wimax network has been down for almost a week, making almost impossible to get anything done on the computer (unless you have WIFI). No definitive word on LTE. Although it was supposed to hit us up by the end of July (today). Give us some feedback, Chicago users. Let us know when you get NV and if it's all it's cracked up to be, and I'll do the same.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
They'd better do something quick. At the present time, my 3G service is horrible (even worse than before), and I'm even dropping calls. My air card is even barely working on 3G and won't even initialize on 4G. It's been that way for the past 12 days! If I hadn't just upgraded to this phone, I would switch services and challenge them in court to get paid for early termination. It's that serious of a problem.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
By the way, I was out in one of the far southeast Chicago suburbs yesterday and was able to receive 4G LTE service while there. It's very nice. Too bad Sprint dropped the ball on upgrading in major markets. It's gonna cost them dearly.

_OMEGA_

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm also in Chicago and I have to admit the 3g speeds for me are far faster than what I used to get on my old evo. But I can't wait until they finally deploy the LTE.

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the near west 'burbs (Oak Park, Berwyn area) and my 3G service, not to mention voice is still pretty sub par. Seems to have gotten slightly better but nothing near satisfactory.

Still missing calls, and I'm clocking in at 50kbps down and 20kbps up on peak hours. :-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34