Apps to sd card

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I just got my S3 today. Where is the option to move apps to the SD card?

If out doesn't have one, I am returning the phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I found out I don't have to root.

This is on the Samsung site:

"The Samsung Galaxy S III is equipped with either 16 or 32 GBs of internal memory, allowing enough space to save all applications that are under 100 MB (1 GB) to the internal storage. Applications over 100 MB (1 GB) can be moved to the microSD™ card, provided the customer has an SD card inserted."

Now, 100 MB is NOT 1GB, but I have a few games over 1GB anyhow I will try and see if it does open up the option to move it to the SD card. If those move over, I can deal with the ones under 100MB staying on the SD. I will let you know after it downloads.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I found out I don't have to root.

This is on the Samsung site:

"The Samsung Galaxy S3 is equipped with either 16 or 32 GBs of internal memory, allowing enough space to save all applications that are under 100 MB (1 GB) to the internal storage. Applications over 100 MB (1 GB) can be moved to the microSD? card, provided the customer has an SD card inserted."

Now, 100 MB is NOT 1GB, but I have a few games over 1GB anyhow I will try and see if it does open up the option to move it to the SD card. If those move over, I can deal with the ones under 100MB staying on the SD. I will let you know after it downloads.

That's bad info on Samsung's part:

Can't move apps to SD Card - Page 28 - xda-developers