Tethering?

LovRum

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Newbie here. I just got my Galaxy S3 from Sprint and went to the Play store to download FoxFi. It won't let me download it, saying that my carrier doesn't support it. I've also read the app doesn't work with the S3 yet anyway. Is there a way to do wireless tethering on a Sprint phone without having to pay the new fees associated with it?

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Newbie here. I just got my Galaxy S3 from Sprint and went to the Play store to download FoxFi. It won't let me download it, saying that my carrier doesn't support it. I've also read the app doesn't work with the S3 yet anyway. Is there a way to do wireless tethering on a Sprint phone without having to pay the new fees associated with it?

probably gonna have to root. Most of the tether apps for non rooted phones get blocked like that now

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
You can download it from the foxfi website via your phone and install.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You can download it from the foxfi website via your phone and install.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

if you use foxfi on a non rooted phone, you still have to pay carrier fees. The only way to get around is root

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

I down loaded foxfi from the website but it will not work on the S3.

Sent from my White, Sexy S3.

DannyDefinit

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I was able to tether my Nexus 7 to my unrooted Galaxy S III, using the Bluetooth DUN mode in FoxFi. I needed to install the PdaNet Tablet app on the Nexus 7 in order for it to work.

It's a little cumbersome, but also totally free.

It is very slow, however. Can't tell if it's because of Sprints low 3G speeds around here , or if it's the Bluetooth connection. But it'll work in a pinch.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Rusty Shackelford1

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
i have been using foxfi on my sprint phone for over a year now and i dont pay no extra data crap.when i got my sprint account,i got unlimited everything and even though they have changed it for newer users ill b damned if i gonna pay extra money to use a tethering app.that is bull if they gonna tell you its unlimited data and then try and tell me how i can and cant use it.you would think sprint would learn the lesson from at&t which got sewed for taking apps off the google market.at&t ended up backpedding there ass in court trying to say they did not take apps off the market and had to put them right back on there and pay a insane amount of money for the same crap that sprint is pulling right now.i gonna look into sewing them myself if they pull some crap like that on me....they think they can get away with lying and cheating people outa money just because people let them get away with it.if you make a big enough stink and threaten to let the public see them for the crooks they really are,you be amazed at what you can get accomplished.....at&t just an example....soon to be sprint

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2