LG8 update broke clipboard?

weknsmith

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Just updated to LG8 via the OTA update process. I can't copy URLs in Chrome or Messaging app without causing a Force Close. Anyone else seen this issue?

I've rebooted a few times and the issue still exists.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III via Android Central Forums

weknsmith

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Just verified the clipboard copy crash in Gmail and a few other apps.

Sykotc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I did the LG8 update manually and have no issues copying & pasting URLs, text, etc.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I did the LG8 update manually and have no issues copying & pasting URLs, text, etc.

Just curious because I haven't got the update yet, I am on LG2 / ICS 4.04 waiting for LG8.

Could it be that those that do not have the LG8 update because they are already on ICS 4.04. In other words, what version of ICS are you guys on with LG2, ICS 4.03?

Sykotc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just curious because I haven't got the update yet, I am on LG2 / ICS 4.04 waiting for LG8.

Could it be that those that do not have the LG8 update because they are already on ICS 4.04. In other words, what version of ICS are you guys on with LG2, ICS 4.03?

I was on LG2 when I did the manual update to LG8.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
From what I understand the GS3 was released with 4.0.4. So I doubt it has anything to do with the version of ICS.

Sent from my Blue 32 GS3.

Reactions: mouseglider

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I just got the update today after doing the little trick someone posted about clearing the data from Google Framework. Mine hasn't crashed and I tried it from the messaging and the Gmail app.

weknsmith

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear that some OTA update users aren't having the same issue. I can't seem to find a way to fix it. I didn't realize how often I used copy & paste until this issue started.

I'm worried that I'll have to hard reset the device to see if that will fix the problem.

weknsmith

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
The solution was to hard reset the phone.

I spoke with the local repair center & Sprint tech support before performing the hard reset to see if they had heard of the issue. Of course neither of them had ever heard of it...

Colonel Kernel

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I OTAed to LG8 yesterday and I can copy and paste from Gmail and to/from Chrome.

Sent from my Handspring Trēo 90 using Trēo Central: Forums for GarnetOS.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
No issues here either..

Just updated manually via clearing data in Google Services Framework - and no problems here for copy and paste or any of the other mentioned problems like bad battery life etc that other users have listed.

The only problem that I had after the update, was my Finance Stock widgets from one of my home screens (I use seven home screens with maybe a widget on average per home screen) got screwed up - but an easy fix to remove and reinstall widget from widget drawer.

Other than that, everything seems to be operating normally. :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol